Bowler's New Mock

Bowler1215

Bears trade 20 to KC for 31 and 94

31) QB Kellen Mond  He might fall to us in round 2 but why chance it?  It'll cost us a ton to move up for a QB, why not move back, get an extra pick and get Mond. 

52) OT Liam Eichenberg We upgrade our LT spot, and protect our QB for the future

83) WR  Dyami Brown another deep threat WR who along with Mooney could be nightmares for opposing DBs. 

94) Safety  Talanoa Hufanga SS to go with E-Jax on the back end of our D

164) CB Tariq Castro-Fields depth, possible nickle back

204) OT/OG Stone Forsythe possible replacement for Massie at RT

208) DE Khyiris Tonga can't have too many pass rushers

221) RB John Lovett we now have a three headed monster at RB with Montgomery and Cohen

228) WR Emeka Emezie Sleeper pick here, possible replacement for Wins

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Sorry man just can't get behind a draft with Mond as the headline act...would rather build around Dalton for a year then next season with more capital try and find the franchise guy.

I'm far from sold on Mond too, but having a young backup with a 5th year option fighting against a high pick in 2022 sounds a lot better to me than paying Foles and Dalton their money for mediocre results. 

At that spot Mond would const around $2.5 mil on average so we'd have a lot of capital to surround the two young guys. I'll take the gamble.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm far from sold on Mond too, but having a young backup with a 5th year option fighting against a high pick in 2022 sounds a lot better to me than paying Foles and Dalton their money for mediocre results. 

At that spot Mond would const around $2.5 mil on average so we'd have a lot of capital to surround the two young guys. I'll take the gamble.

Bring in a 1st round rookie QB then drafting another rookie QB in the 1st next year would be a disaster IMO...for me I would be patient and try and put the building blocks in place for that 2022 QB who will more than likely be a top 10 pick to succeed rather than reaching for a QB this year to try and save Pace/Nagy. 

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Bring in a 1st round rookie QB then drafting another rookie QB in the 1st next year would be a disaster IMO...for me I would be patient and try and put the building blocks in place for that 2022 QB who will more than likely be a top 10 pick to succeed rather than reaching for a QB this year to try and save Pace/Nagy. 

I think a lot of us would prefer that route, however I doubt that Pace & Nagy are thinking long term in putting building blocks in place for a QB next year.  They are trying to win now.

That said I don't think QB will be the play in round 1 unless a surprise fall happens

I see Bears staying put at 20 taking the BPA and then taking a flier on a 2nd round QB

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think a lot of us would prefer that route, however I doubt that Pace & Nagy are thinking long term in putting building blocks in place for a QB next year.  They are trying to win now.

That said I don't think QB will be the play in round 1 unless a surprise fall happens

I see Bears staying put at 20 taking the BPA and then taking a flier on a 2nd round QB

That's the thing tho...if your in win now mode a reach for a rookie QB isn't going to help you...some will feel it will buy them time but a losing year blows the full thing up and then handcuffs a new GM/HC at least in some way to Mond.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That's the thing tho...if your in win now mode a reach for a rookie QB isn't going to help you...some will feel it will buy them time but a losing year blows the full thing up and then handcuffs a new GM/HC at least in some way to Mond.

That's what I'm also thinking.  

I don't see how a round 1 rookie buys them more time.  Dalton should start most if not all of the season unless he gets hurt or totally sucks at a Nick Foles level like we saw last season.  In that case we should likely not see QB2 in much game action.

It's very well possible that Pace & Nagy could be gone after this season with a record of less than .500 regardless of who they draft at QB or how promising that player may be

As I said earlier I could see them taking a flier on a QB in round 2 if the chips fall properly but round 1 should be someone who helps this team instantly

Why is everyone obbsessed with the 5th year option for a qb. If you have to exercise that option on the QB, he aint worth the next contract.

If hes your franchuse guy, he's getting a new contract before year 5.

I would hate this draft becuse of the massive reach on Mond alone.

Edited by DABEARSLCF04

6 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Why is everyone obbsessed with the 5th year option for a qb. If you have to exercise that option on the QB, he aint worth the next contract.

If hes your franchuse guy, he's getting a new contract before year 5.

I don’t think the obsession is with the idea of playing under that 5th year for exactly the reasons you mention, but it does give you a viable option for one more “cheap year” before a decision is necessary, or really even if they’ve already made an extension. Look at the beginning years on early extensions like those to Goff and Wentz. Having that year 4 AND 5 already essentially on the books at a low number makes any new deal for cap purposes basically just a big add on versus a whole rewrite. It’s not the HUGE deal it’s made to be by some IMO but it’s not unimportant either.

That said, I would NOT take Mond in the 1st. 

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think the obsession is with the idea of playing under that 5th year for exactly the reasons you mention, but it does give you a viable option for one more “cheap year” before a decision is necessary, or really even if they’ve already made an extension. Look at the beginning years on early extensions like those to Goff and Wentz. Having that year 4 AND 5 already essentially on the books at a low number makes any new deal for cap purposes basically just a big add on versus a whole rewrite. It’s not the HUGE deal it’s made to be by some IMO but it’s not unimportant either.

That said, I would NOT take Mond in the 1st. 

in addition, you can exercise the 5th year as part of an extension to help reduce cap hits/play with the AAV of the overall contract