Redskins are interested in Duron Carter as a CB

turtle28

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What? Why? He's basically the CFL version of Randy Moss. I've seen him play some and he's a pretty impressive receiver. 

He couldn't even make the Colts practice squad a couple years ago. He's not all that impressive.

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

He couldn't even make the Colts practice squad a couple years ago. He's not all that impressive.

That was a couple of years ago. I’m sure he’s developed in the last couple of years. No problem in seeing what he’s got. It worked moving Dunbar to corner, it could for Carter also.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That was a couple of years ago. I’m sure he’s developed in the last couple of years. No problem in seeing what he’s got. It worked moving Dunbar to corner, it could for Carter also.

How many 6'5 corners do you see out there? The other issue with Carter is he's been a horrible teammate, pretty sure he was cut from his last CFL team for getting into a fight with the QB.

I followed Carter for a while because I stashed him on a dynasty team years ago.

Maybe it'll work, I agree it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

How many 6'5 corners do you see out there? The other issue with Carter is he's been a horrible teammate, pretty sure he was cut from his last CFL team for getting into a fight with the QB.

I followed Carter for a while because I stashed him on a dynasty team years ago.

Maybe it'll work, I agree it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

Brandon Browner comes to mind. Obviously this is just taking a flyer on a guy, it’s nothing more, nothing less. I don’t expect it to work out but if it did like it ha with Dunbar, that would be gravy.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Brandon Browner comes to mind. Obviously this is just taking a flyer on a guy, it’s nothing more, nothing less. I don’t expect it to work out but if it did like it ha with Dunbar, that would be gravy.

Browner wasn't 6'5 but you're right he'd be the next closest thing. He made a living roughing people up though, he was routinely burned by smaller guys. I wonder why Carter would even consider working out as a DB. Doesn't seem like he's gotten hardly any run there even in the CFL. 

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Browner wasn't 6'5 but you're right he'd be the next closest thing. He made a living roughing people up though, he was routinely burned by smaller guys. I wonder why Carter would even consider working out as a DB. Doesn't seem like he's gotten hardly any run there even in the CFL. 

Isn't Richard Sherman like 6'4"?

26 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Oh, I'm sorry, Browner was only 6'4, big freaking deal and Richard Sherman is 6'3 as is Sean Smith.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Close enough.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Oh, I'm sorry, Browner was only 6'4, big freaking deal and Richard Sherman is 6'3 as is Sean Smith.

Ok cool. Thanks for giving me three guys who are shorter than Carter to prove your point. What point that was? I don't know. 

You know who else is 6'3? Stanley Jean Baptiste

You know who else is 6'3? Keith McGill 

You know who else is 6'3? Tony Goodwin

You know who else is 6'3? Jeremy Clark

You know who else is 6'3? Ahkello Witherspoon

You know who else is 6'3? Tony Lippett

Those are just current tall guys who suck at the position, I'm sure if I actually put a minute into it I could dig up a ton of terrible 6'3 or taller CB's. 

Again, not sure what we're arguing about over. If you guys think a 6'5 CB has a shot, then we'll agree to disagree.

Archived