News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

As much as I would love to see what we have in Patterson, if Miller is back completely from his injury, I think Jaret goes on the PS (barring us keeping a 5th RB).

I'd love to keep Miller (again if he is healthy and shows out) and trade Barber, but that's probably not gonna happen.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, RSkinGM said:

I wish we'd let him walk this year instead of dragging this crap out another year. He doesn't want to be here and he's being disingenuous saying he does !

TBH, I think I might be okay if we just trade him now for a 2nd rounder in 2022. Instead of watching him walk and then only getting a 'possible' 3rd in 2023.

I realize we're gunning for the division and that gives me pause in that analysis (and why I'm probably on the fence about trading him). But I am open to being persuaded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

TBH, I think I might be okay if we just trade him now for a 2nd rounder in 2022. Instead of watching him walk and then only getting a 'possible' 3rd in 2023.

I realize we're gunning for the division and that gives me pause in that analysis (and why I'm probably on the fence about trading him). But I am open to being persuaded.

Ha, I'd be all over that trade ! 

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

As much as I would love to see what we have in Patterson, if Miller is back completely from his injury, I think Jaret goes on the PS (barring us keeping a 5th RB).

I'd love to keep Miller (again if he is healthy and shows out) and trade Barber, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Barber - just cut him . He sure is good at getting that ONE critical yard/ first down though !

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Barber - just cut him . He sure is good at getting that ONE critical yard/ first down though !

I don't get this.  Why would we get rid of a cheap player who is incredibly successful at getting us short yardage first downs?  Do you not like first downs? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I don't get this.  Why would we get rid of a cheap player who is incredibly successful at getting us short yardage first downs?  Do you not like first downs? 

Miller is playing at the vet minimum. Can't get cheaper than that . I like Barber but he's a one trick pony. Maybe Miller can do the same thing . Pre-season will shake it all out .

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Miller is playing at the vet minimum. Can't get cheaper than that . I like Barber but he's a one trick pony. Maybe Miller can do the same thing . Pre-season will shake it all out .

I very anxious to see Jonathan Williams. He’s sneaky fast and has shown he can be a nice surprise addition even catching passes out of the backfield. 

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

First downs are first downs.  Both players are cheap.  Neither of them is special but one already has shown success here.  He was asked to do one job and did it.  If you want to build culture you don't replace a successful player with just another guy and that is what miller is. 

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

First downs are first downs.  Both players are cheap.  Neither of them is special but one already has shown success here.  He was asked to do one job and did it.  If you want to build culture you don't replace a successful player with just another guy and that is what miller is. 

Miller was more than that until he tore his ACL. I don't trust Gibson and his turf toe. Wwe need a running back back up and I'll take him over Barber .  Just opinions. That's why we're here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I very anxious to see Jonathan Williams. He’s sneaky fast and has shown he can be a nice surprise addition even catching passes out of the backfield. 

I have to admit- I went "Who" when I read this . I had to research who he is and how he got here. I didn't remember the name . He did have one good season at Indy ! I wonder what happened to his career with them. 

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

I wanted to address these:

Neither of them is special but one already has shown success here.

At the same time, one had multiple 1,000 yard seasons and one hasn't. Barber's best season as a pro would've been Miller's 6th ranked season (he only had 2 worse than that - 3 if you count 2020 when he didn't play).

He was asked to do one job and did it.

Do we have the luxury of a one trick pony right now? If...and that is a big IF...Miller can return to form (or 80% of it), I think he's more valuable than Barber.

But the elephant in the room is that ACL. And that gives me BIG pause.

I get what you're saying and part of me agrees with you. This is why I'm on the fence right now with both of them.

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I wanted to address these:

At the same time, one had multiple 1,000 yard seasons and one hasn't. Barber's best season as a pro would've been Miller's 6th ranked season (he only had 2 worse than that - 3 if you count 2020 when he didn't play).

Do we have the luxury of a one trick pony right now? If...and that is a big IF...Miller can return to form (or 80% of it), I think he's more valuable than Barber.

But the elephant in the room is that ACL. And that gives me BIG pause.

I get what you're saying and part of me agrees with you. This is why I'm on the fence right now with both of them.

Well said, Right where I am . AND again-I do like Barber. I don't remember him ever failing to get the BIG yard when asked to do it . ! It's not as easy as one might think .

• Like 2