News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

Sammis.. I think after the playing time they gave him -that's he's on the opening day roster. Green as a fresh lime ( like that better than grass ) he is one hellova physical human being !  A 5'11' CB or safety isn't going to want to get in his way . 

Also, He's Marty Hurney's guy. Hurney found him at Florida's Pro Day and insisted we sign him. He had notebooks full of notes on how to play T E .  Guess his agent got him an invite. He played BBall at Tulane . Runs a 4.65 40 . I don't think they'll try to stash him on the practice squad. Who else we got, Thomas and Bates. Hemingway is terrible !

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Sammis.. I think after the playing time they gave him -that's he's on the opening day roster. Green as a fresh lime ( like that better than grass ) he is one hellova physical human being !  A 5'11' CB or safety isn't going to want to get in his way . 

Also, He's Marty Hurney's guy. Hurney found him at Florida's Pro Day and insisted we sign him. He had notebooks full of notes on how to play T E .  Guess his agent got him an invite. He played BBall at Tulane . Runs a 4.65 40 . I don't think they'll try to stash him on the practice squad. Who else we got, Thomas and Bates. Hemingway is terrible !

I still think Seals Jones makes it and Reyes is a practice squad guy unless Reyes really blows up the last two preseason games.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I still think Seals Jones makes it and Reyes is a practice squad guy unless Reyes really blows up the last two preseason games.

I'm worried someone will claim him. Hurney ain't gonna let him slip through our fingers .!

Edited by RSkinGM

On 8/14/2021 at 4:51 PM, RSkinGM said:

He may end up being our 3rd or even 4th TE if we keep 4. I do think they keep Seals Jones bc they should have a veterans along with Bates as a back up but, we’ll see.

I have to say I was very impressed by Reyes’s blocking. Usually someone like him who has no football experience shines as an athlete as a receiver but struggles as a blocker, so it was very promising to see him do well as a blocker. That’s a very good sign.

20 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm worried someone will claim him. Hurney ain't gonna let him slip through our fingers!

Yes, but we should have a veteran to go with Bates as a back up behind Thomas. Maybe we keep all 4 of them, it seems like that’s the best answer.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:26 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

We used to have this guy! SMH!

Wow! Very interesting! I remember having hopes for him last year. He’s a TE who plays like a big slot WR. I have no idea if he makes the team but at worst we can’t stash him on the PS.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, rizzy said:

How does the IR trick we have used to do in the past work, can we IR Reyes and get him ready for next year?

Yep, as soon as the T E coach bashes his ( Reyes ) big toe with a hammer . ! 😆

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1