News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

On 8/15/2021 at 9:19 PM, rizzy said:

How does the IR trick we have used to do in the past work, can we IR Reyes and get him ready for next year?

You mean from the 70s & 80s? You can’t do that anymore. A player has to have an actual injury that would put him on IR for us to put him on IR, we can’t haut stash players the way we used to in the Bethard days.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You mean from the 70s & 80s? You can’t do that anymore. A player has to have an actual injury that would put him on IR for us to put him on IR, we can’t haut stash players the way we used to in the Bethard days.

I think Rypien was I R d two years at least . He always hurt his back in the final pre-season game . ! 

• Like 1

This doesn't fit this topic but wanted to throw it out here . Two tackles we were linked to pre draft both have had surgery since being drafted. Teven Jenkins ( back )and Darrisaw ( core ) .  Man I'm glad we got a healthy tackle in Cosmi. These guys were fighting injuries before being drafted. Maybe ours days of drafting injured players is over .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

This doesn't fit this topic but wanted to throw it out here . Two tackles we were linked to pre draft both have had surgery since being drafted. Teven Jenkins ( back )and Darrisaw ( core ) .  Man I'm glad we got a healthy tackle in Cosmi. These guys were fighting injuries before being drafted. Maybe ours days of drafting injured players is over .

Darrisaw had that core issue before the draft. Didn’t hear anything on Jenkins prior to the draft about his back but yeah we need to stay away from the injured players if we can help it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Darrisaw had that core issue before the draft. Didn’t hear anything on Jenkins prior to the draft about his back but yeah we need to stay away from the injured players if we can help it. 

I think I read Jenkins missed his last 3 college games with lumbar issues . Don't quote me !

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I think I read Jenkins missed his last 3 college games with lumbar issues . Don't quote me !

I think we can quote you, because that’s definitely true. It wasn’t talked about much prior to the draft for some reason, presumably because he was back and working out at his Pro Day — and there weren’t any offseason procedures, like there were with Darrisaw. 

This is problematic, though. I always thought it was kind of a bold play to take him as a LT. The way modern passing games incorporate the quick stuff and the QB move stuff makes the LT a little less important than it once was — but we’re talking about an RT, and one who was never the athlete that guys like Jedrick Wills and Tristan Wirfs were. A back injury on top of it, that’s...less than ideal.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 2:24 PM, e16bball said:

I think we can quote you, because that’s definitely true. It wasn’t talked about much prior to the draft for some reason, presumably because he was back and working out at his Pro Day — and there weren’t any offseason procedures, like there were with Darrisaw. 

This is problematic, though. I always thought it was kind of a bold play to take him as a LT. The way modern passing games incorporate the quick stuff and the QB move stuff makes the LT a little less important than it once was — but we’re talking about an RT, and one who was never the athlete that guys like Jedrick Wills and Tristan Wirfs were. A back injury on top of it, that’s...less than ideal.

It’s the Bears. It doesn’t shock me they reached for him & immediately cut Leno after they drafted him. Just a stupid decision on their part, I don’t know how Ryan Pace remains their GM.

I guess the owners are waiting to see what happens this year and if they don’t make the playoffs they’re going to fire both Pace & Naggy.