News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I have a feeling that Dax Milne is going to be here. I think he’s a RR type player. He has more speed than I thought. Nice receiver but I guess time will tell. 

He definitely has something to him. I hope he can be better than Quinn was for us. Mline has some juice to him, I like him, we’re just stacked at WR after the draft and after signing Samuel & Humphries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

That's why I was saying there was no way DJ was alluding to Cosmi being unathletic. 

Yeah, I misunderstood what he was a saying as I said. It was something with his technique, I think knee bend that DJ said he had to improve, I definitely think Mastko will fix that.

As we’ve all times about the likely candidates to not make the team next year after this draft are:

Apke, Christian, JHC and Steven Sims.

These guys will have their chance to make the team but it seems unlikely especially in Apke’s & Steven Sim’s case given the competition at S & WR. 

To me Apke is the longest shot out of this group. The others have at least played and been serviceable at times Apke just hasn’t been as a FS. I think he may be better at SS but given our depth at SS, I doubt Apke wins a spot there either.

JHC is an intriguing one to me. I can see him making this team as he has good size at 6’4, 245 and is a converted safety so he has better coverage skills than most LBs. He’s also been a good special teams player for us.

The issue he has is that Rivera has his boy Jared Norris competing for that last LB spot too and given the history there dating back to Carolina, Norris may get the nod. I hope I’m wrong as JHC certainly has more ability but I guess we’ll see.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I told you they have a type now.  Nothing wrong with it, but they are going to have to develop them well.  

Not so sure. Every draft pick needs some development for sure even the best. 

Jamin looks like a really good player. I think he’s going to be a good starter day 1.

Cosmi looks like he can play day 1 but he’ll need some technique work.

Dynami Brown really doesn’t look like he needs much development either, maybe some work on tightening up his routes.

Now Bates will definitely need work on routes & technique work in blocking. 

Then of course the rest will as well from Forest to the DEs & Mline but that’s no different than usual when you get to late round picks.

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It’s not a good sign for the people that are here except Logan Thomas. 

Not sure why it wouldn’t be a good sign for the young guys we’ve brought in like Reyes & Swoopes bc they cut one of their competition.

29 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

HUH ?

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not sure why it wouldn’t be a good sign for the young guys we’ve brought in like Reyes & Swoopes bc they cut one of their competition.

No I meant we had 6 TE’s on the roster and we drafted one. We had 7 TE like you mentioned and most likely 3 will make the team. I guess they could wind up on the PS. That was my point that it doesn’t look good for Hemingway, Swoopes and Cantrell. Bringing in Reyes and Bates. I guess you could never have enough competition. 

• Like 1