News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Rivera had every opportunity to repair the relationship and chose not too. 

What do you mean? Rivera wanted him back, they discussed it. Just how Rivera wanted to bring him back wasn't eye to eye with Williams. I think Rivera wanted Williams to play under the contract he had another year before extending or something, and Williams wanted the new, big contract now. But I don't remember there being no mutual interest or animosity. If you're implying he chose not to extend him, then there is that, but it's not like he kicked him to the curb immediately. From what we know about Ron, I'm not even surprised he said it. The new contract very well could have fixed everything, but after the disaster of 2019... who knows? A lot of people on here didn't even want him back. 

• Like 3

On 1/14/2022 at 11:49 AM, MikeT14 said:

What do you mean? Rivera wanted him back, they discussed it. Just how Rivera wanted to bring him back wasn't eye to eye with Williams. I think Rivera wanted Williams to play under the contract he had another year before extending or something, and Williams wanted the new, big contract now. But I don't remember there being no mutual interest or animosity. If you're implying he chose not to extend him, then there is that, but it's not like he kicked him to the curb immediately. From what we know about Ron, I'm not even surprised he said it. The new contract very well could have fixed everything, but after the disaster of 2019... who knows? A lot of people on here didn't even want him back. 

Yes this is true, and what’s interesting/sad/whatever is that Williams went to San Fran, didn't get a contract extension for two years but he earned it and got it. It's disappointing that he wouldn’t do that in Washington.

22 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess Fitz is feeling pretty good!

Kind of a bummer that Fitz got hurt this year. 

One of the only QBs who is as purely “fun to watch” as Heinicke (or more), and also pretty clearly a better player to boot. Would have been interesting to see what the offense could have done with him in there. 

On 1/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, RSkinGM said:

Scherff got 1 vote Martin got 46 ! All-pro RG. maybe his price will drop == nah !!

Sheehan said that the front office confirmed that we offered him the highest contract for a Guard and he turned it down. He can walk, not even that good...

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

That's a roll of the dice with little upside chance and little risk. 1st round bust ., injured all the time .

He actually took a few snaps for us this year, although I’m damned if I remember it. You can never have too many CBs in the pipeline though, one of those positions where having to play guys right off the street can be an absolute nightmare. 

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

Sheehan said that the front office confirmed that we offered him the highest contract for a Guard and he turned it down. He can walk, not even that good...

Genuine question I pose to everyone who deems Scherff not that good. What do you make of our record with and without him over the last 5-ish years?

I’ve long been prepared to let him walk, but that’s a tough statistic to ignore. 

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Genuine question I pose to everyone who deems Scherff not that good. What do you make of our record with and without him over the last 5-ish years?

I’ve long been prepared to let him walk, but that’s a tough statistic to ignore. 

With Sherff - 0 Wins in Playoffs

Without Sherff - 0 Wins in Playoffs

^^His impact can be summarized by the above comparison. I won't ignore the opportunity cost of adding other talent to the roster that could change our success in the post season. 

23 minutes ago, Troublez said:

With Sherff - 0 Wins in Playoffs

Without Sherff - 0 Wins in Playoffs

^^His impact can be summarized by the above comparison. I won't ignore the opportunity cost of adding other talent to the roster that could change our success in the post season. 

Ah okay, cool. Let’s let ‘em all walk then. Maybe the league will let us do an expansion draft if we renounce all our players.

• Like 1