News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

37 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Ah okay, cool. Let’s let ‘em all walk then. Maybe the league will let us do an expansion draft if we renounce all our players.

It’s worked out well with Trent Williams....and yes, I know you didn’t want Trent back lol

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

It’s worked out well with Trent Williams....and yes, I know you didn’t want Trent back lol

Yeah, I was done with Trent as a person once he showed up and immediately “failed” his physical. My kid’s efforts to get the school nurse to send him home with “the sniffles” this afternoon were less transparent. 

That said, I did hold out some hope that — despite my personal distaste for Trent — getting Rivera into the building might give us a chance to convince him to return. Letting your best players walk for basically nothing is never good policy, and I think that’s probably especially true on the OL, which is just so key to unlocking everyone else on your offense. 

When he then threw a mini-tantrum because Rivera didn’t prioritize him enough, that was the end for me. I would happily have allowed him to languish here until the end of his contract, but I guess getting something (if you consider Ismael and St. Juste to be “something”) is better than cutting off your nose to spite your face and ending up with nothing.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, e16bball said:

Yeah, I was done with Trent as a person once he showed up and immediately “failed” his physical. My kid’s efforts to get the school nurse to send him home with “the sniffles” this afternoon were less transparent. 

That said, I did hold out some hope that — despite my personal distaste for Trent — getting Rivera into the building might give us a chance to convince him to return. Letting your best players walk for basically nothing is never good policy, and I think that’s probably especially true on the OL, which is just so key to unlocking everyone else on your offense. 

When he then threw a mini-tantrum because Rivera didn’t prioritize him enough, that was the end for me. I would happily have allowed him to languish here until the end of his contract, but I guess getting something (if you consider Ismael and St. Juste to be “something”) is better than cutting off your nose to spite your face and ending up with nothing.

Trent wanted out bc of the awful training staff and the mishandling of the roster by the front office. I mean, Trent finally gets a QB of Kirk Cousins’s caliber and all the team needs to do is build a defense and they could be a perennial playoff team or maybe more soon and the front office Dan/Brice didn’t want that Kirk anymore.

Then he had his own head issue mismanaged. And they trade for Alex and he watched Alex break his leg in half and he knew his QB was in jeopardy of dying & possibly the poor decisions made on the field by the training staff that day. Trent knew all this was going on. He knew about Alex, he knew his own growth on his head was mishandled. Those were big reasons why he didn’t want to be here anymore, he didn’t trust anyone here.

Also, St. Juste seems to “be something” he does have talent & length which good for a CB. He has to develop more but I could see him eventually being a starter in a few years.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Meh. I sure hope that we sign a good starter and draft a 2nd to 4th round MLB prospect like:

1. Christian Harris, LB Alabama 

2. Chad Muma, Wyoming 

2. Brandon Smith, LB Penn St.

3.  Damone Clark, LB LSU

4. Da’Marco Jackson, Appalacian St.

5. Leo Chenol, Wisconsin 

6. Mike Rose, Iowa St.

7. Terel Bernard, Baylor

8. Quay Walker, Georgia 

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Meh. I sure hope that we sign a good starter and draft a 2nd to 4th round MLB prospect like:

1. Christian Harris, LB Alabama 

2. Chad Muma, Wyoming 

2. Brandon Smith, LB Penn St.

3.  Damone Clark, LB LSU

4. Da’Marco Jackson, Appalacian St.

5. Leo Chenol, Wisconsin 

6. Mike Rose, Iowa St.

7. Terel Bernard, Baylor

8. Quay Walker, Georgia 

I would second that plan. get 2 or 3 more good LB's in the building, including a starter in the middle. (With the failed Jamin experiment at MLB/ILB.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

But , when had the DB turning to run with him, a little head fake outside would have really given him separation. Seems he doesn't do the little nuances yet .

Completely agree. Good job eating up the cushion, good job getting into the CB, obviously excellent ball skills in going up to get the ball. But if you’re not a sudden, twitchy athlete (and he isn’t), you really need a little more nuance and polish to your routes. Just didn’t do enough to have Diggs believing the outward breaking route. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

But , when had the DB turning to run with him, a little head fake outside would have really given him separation. Seems he doesn't do the little nuances yet .

@e16bballI definitely agree and I think he has a lot to learn in those nuances as a route runner. He’d do himself well to become Terry McLaurin’s shadow this off-season. I hope he does.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

D Everett charged with involuntary manslaughter for the girl (Olivia Peters) in the car that was tragically killed. 

Pretty normal court event in such circumtances. Could just end up with a suspended sentence if guilty or a light sentence. Tragedy all round . 

Update-Just read he was doing over 90 mph in a 45 zone so he may get some severe punishment . 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 3:57 PM, RSkinGM said:

Pretty normal court event in such circumtances. Could just end up with a suspended sentence if guilty or a light sentence. Tragedy all round . 

Update-Just read he was doing over 90 mph in a 45 zone so he may get some severe punishment . 

Yeah, I can’t believe he was driving that fast on that road. Everyone said how curvy it is. 

• 3 weeks later...