News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think those 3 are must re-signs. I also hope they can bring back DeAndre Carter, Cornelius Lucas and Ricky Seals Jones for depth.

Not really understanding the McCain resign.  He was a liability.  But all onboard for the others.

46 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Not really understanding the McCain resign.  He was a liability.  But all onboard for the others.

I think he should be upgraded by signing one of the best FS’s available in free agency or by drafting a FS in round 2 of the draft but, I think that depends on if they can trade for a QB or what FA QB they sign & how much that costs. 

Rivera has been on record several times in interviews that he likes McCain & says he’s very cerebral. My immediate thought was , well why does he constantly blow coverages then?

But regardless, Rivera said that. I guess we’ll have to see how it plays out and if he re-signs McCain or not. McCain also could be re-signed and given a  chance to start at FS but we could also draft someone or sign a better FA than him.

Also, McCain can play both safety positions & both corner positions, so maybe we could re-sign McCain make him our slot corner & then sign Marcus Williams, Quandre Diggs, Marcus Maye or Jabril Peppers. I’d love to sign Mathieu or McCourty but I seriously doubt either would leave their current team or not sign with a contender should they not stay with the Chiefs or Pats

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think he should be upgraded by signing one of the best FS’s available in free agency or by drafting a FS in round 2 of the draft but, I think that depends on if they can trade for a QB or what FA QB they sign & how much that costs. 

Rivera has been on record several times in interviews that he likes McCain & says he’s very cerebral. My immediate thought was , well why does he constantly blow coverages then?

But regardless, Rivera said that. I guess we’ll have to see how it plays out and if he re-signs McCain or not. McCain also could be re-signed and given a  chance to start at FS but we could also draft someone or sign a better FA than him.

Also, McCain can play both safety positions & both corner positions, so maybe we could re-sign McCain make him our slot corner & then sign Marcus Williams, Quandre Diggs, Marcus Maye or Jabril Peppers. I’d love to sign Mathieu or McCourty but I seriously doubt either would leave their current team or not sign with a contender should they not stay with the Chiefs or Pats

Yes, he can play both safety positions poorly, yeah! :)

He was on a one year prove it deal.  He proved he could blow coverages, so I wouldn't resign him. 

Maybe it isn't the player but the system.  They seem to figure out how to minimize their talent, but nevertheless I wouldn't resign him.  However, as you point to, Rivera is into this whole continuity thing.  Keeping JDR after the horrific year on D is a crime in my opinion.  But that is the plan.

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

Yes, he can play both safety positions poorly, yeah! :)

He was on a one year prove it deal.  He proved he could blow coverages, so I wouldn't resign him. 

Maybe it isn't the player but the system.  They seem to figure out how to minimize their talent, but nevertheless I wouldn't resign him.  However, as you point to, Rivera is into this whole continuity thing.  Keeping JDR after the horrific year on D is a crime in my opinion.  But that is the plan.

I’m 100% with you, he blew too many coverages for my liking but as I said I wouldn’t mind having him as our 3rd safety/slot corner if we signed a better FA to start over him.

There is a case to be made that he played a lot better the 2nd half of the season and bc he did at S & our corners played better our D was better overall.

He did have 4 interceptions over the final 12 games so that was obvious an improvement over how he & the secondary started the first 5 games of the season. 

Edited by turtle28

By this ranking, we have two top 30 safeties. I think Curl is getting hosed on this list though. I’d like to upgrade Bobby McCain, but maybe the difference between him, Marcus Williams or Quadre Diggs isn’t as big as we think. McCain did play a lot better the final 12 games, it’s just that first 5 games when things were awful on the back end in coverage.

Edited by turtle28

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Could be Covid, but I would think if it was they would’ve said so but if they don’t have to disclose it, Rivera damn sure isn’t! 😂 

Now when does Saahdiq Charles come back and what's his problem ?