News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I recall he was considered a career backup player.

Nah, Wes S. was a starter in ATL. He started 16 games as a rookie for ATL in 2017 at RG. They 20 of the next 30 games at LG in 2018 & 2019.

We missed him a lot when he was out last year w/ his concussion. I hope we re-sign him bc I do think he’s a good back up at C/G & he may be a starter at one of the guard spots just depending on who else we acquire in FA & the draft and if our young guards develop into starter worthy players Saahdiq Charles & Chris Paul.

I don’t see anyway someone’s going to pay him $13.8 mil a year especially coming off a season where he missed 9 games with a concussion. Maybe he’ll command around half that like $5-7 mil. If so, I think that’s a tough decision on whether to pay that or not. I’d definitely rather re-sign Wes S. than Trai Turner though to possibly be our starting RG unless a rookie we draft or Saahdiq Charles & Chris Paul beat out Wes S. to be our starting RG.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I know a lot of people will poo poo these moves because yes, we do need to do better, especially at LB depth but, these are good in case ish signings. What we need to be sure we do - unlike last year - is actually draft a LB in the mid rounds who should be able to beat our Mayo.

Last year I think they put a lot of stake in Khaleke Hudson’s development to be our 3rd or 4th LB and it didn’t really materialize but, from what I saw & people said in week 18 when Hudson played vs Dallas, he played well, so maybe there’s a chance he can still be something. 

I wonder if they’ll sign Milo Eifler? Honestly, I’d wait on that until after FA & the draft. We should be able to do better then Eifler as our 4th or 5th LB, particularly w/ a young mid to late round draft pick.

I like re-signing Jonathan Williams. He’s proven to be a solid & versatile back up who’s a good short yardage runner. Having him and Jarrett Patterson compete for that 3rd RB position behind BRob & Gibby is a solid group to me.

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

For the love of god, stop bringing David Mayo back. When does Bostic ink his new deal with us? 

But I keep reading Mayo is a special teams demon! 😂 

I sure hope they draft/sign a LB who can play special teams & cover so Mayo gets cut and/or Khaleke Hudson takes a step forward in his development & makes Mayo expendable as well!

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dyami Brown over Armon-Ra St. Brown? Yikes 😬 Ron!

@e16bball Wasn’t St. Brown one of your top WRs in the 2021 draft? Didn’t you want us to take him in round 2?

Yes, I loved Amon-Ra. I was a little iffy on round 2 with him, but would have been all over him in round 3.

In all fairness to them, I liked Dyami too. But Amon-Ra was my guy. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, turtle28 said:

I know a lot of people will poo poo these moves because yes, we do need to do better, especially at LB depth but, these are good in case ish signings. What we need to be sure we do - unlike last year - is actually draft a LB in the mid rounds who should be able to beat our Mayo.

Last year I think they put a lot of stake in Khaleke Hudson’s development to be our 3rd or 4th LB and it didn’t really materialize but, from what I saw & people said in week 18 when Hudson played vs Dallas, he played well, so maybe there’s a chance he can still be something. 

I wonder if they’ll sign Milo Eifler? Honestly, I’d wait on that until after FA & the draft. We should be able to do better then Eifler as our 4th or 5th LB, particularly w/ a young mid to late round draft pick.

I like re-signing Jonathan Williams. He’s proven to be a solid & versatile back up who’s a good short yardage runner. Having him and Jarrett Patterson compete for that 3rd RB position behind BRob & Gibby is a solid group to me.

Jonathan Williams is whatever, but don't stick up for the David Mayo part in any way, shape, or form. I'm not exaggerating when I say he is the WORST linebacker that played a snap in the NFL last year. I truly wonder if he'd even be successful in the XFL. Sure whatever be a 6th string practice guy but I swear if he plays a snap of linebacker next year I will absolutely lose my mind. He has legitimately never made a single play that would even resemble a "nice play" in Washington. I am so sick and tired of watching him run behind TE's wide open in the middle of the field. 

18 hours ago, Scott Land said:

Jonathan Williams is whatever, but don't stick up for the David Mayo part in any way, shape, or form. I'm not exaggerating when I say he is the WORST linebacker that played a snap in the NFL last year. I truly wonder if he'd even be successful in the XFL. Sure whatever be a 6th string practice guy but I swear if he plays a snap of linebacker next year I will absolutely lose my mind. He has legitimately never made a single play that would even resemble a "nice play" in Washington. I am so sick and tired of watching him run behind TE's wide open in the middle of the field. 

He’s awful in coverage but good against the run, just like Bostic. Mayo is also good on special teams. If you’ll notice our run D arguably got better when they took over for Holcomb last year so, like I’ve said for a while, I want them upgraded in FA or rhe draft but they’re not bad run linebackers & they know the D well. They’re true Mike’s and good vets that have helped Jamin develop, they have some value but you don’t want them in coverage! 😂 

It’s imperative that we draft a mid round LB to push Mayo as the 3rd Lb on our depth chart. We also have to hope that Hudson takes the jump. He can be a coverage LB in the league, he has the skills as he was that in college at Michigan, he was a SS/WLB combo player that also played some in the slot I believe.

Edited by turtle28

29 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Commanders announced the retention of a couple of players from their 2022 roster on Tuesday.

Linebacker Milo Eifler and cornerback Rachad Wildgoose will be remaining with the team on one-year deals. Both players were set to be exclusive rights free agents this offseason.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

The 👏 Goose 👏 is 👏 loose

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Commanders announced the retention of a couple of players from their 2022 roster on Tuesday.

Linebacker Milo Eifler and cornerback Rachad Wildgoose will be remaining with the team on one-year deals. Both players were set to be exclusive rights free agents this offseason.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

I hope Eifler & Hudson take steps in their development. It would be nice if each become good coverage linebackers as reserves. 

Also hope Wildgoose takes a step in his development. He was decent in coverage, he just grabbed too much & got called for holding a lot, hopefully he can clean that up and become a good 4th or 5th Cb for us. Same with Fields.

On 2/28/2023 at 4:41 AM, turtle28 said:

He’s awful in coverage but good against the run, just like Bostic. Mayo is also good on special teams. If you’ll notice our run D arguably got better when they took over for Holcomb last year so, like I’ve said for a while, I want them upgraded in FA or rhe draft but they’re not bad run linebackers & they know the D well. They’re true Mike’s and good vets that have helped Jamin develop, they have some value but you don’t want them in coverage! 😂 

It’s imperative that we draft a mid round LB to push Mayo as the 3rd Lb on our depth chart. We also have to hope that Hudson takes the jump. He can be a coverage LB in the league, he has the skills as he was that in college at Michigan, he was a SS/WLB combo player that also played some in the slot I believe.

Good is the wrong word to be using in any sentence involving David Mayo. He may ok in the run be he sure isn't good. The guy probably runs an over 5 second 40. If someone runs into him sure he can make the tackle occasionally but don't say he's a good run defender. 

You also realize we started running that 5-1 a ton more when Holcomb got hurt right? Then we moved Curl up from safety into the box, and even Bobby McCain from time to time. Our run defense did not get better because of David Mayo.

4 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Good is the wrong word to be using in any sentence involving David Mayo. He may ok in the run be he sure isn't good. The guy probably runs an over 5 second 40. If someone runs into him sure he can make the tackle occasionally but don't say he's a good run defender. 

You also realize we started running that 5-1 a ton more when Holcomb got hurt right? Then we moved Curl up from safety into the box, and even Bobby McCain from time to time. Our run defense did not get better because of David Mayo.

Nah, I’ll stand by my opinion that Mayo & Bostic are good vs the run. If they weren’t good at anything like calling the D, vs the run & on special teams we wouldn’t retain him.