News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Scherff has been impressed with Cosmi. 

Good. Now resign lol. I’m pretty certain he isn’t going to resign without seeing what else is out there. But we have another year of Brandon so hopefully he and Sam can lock down this right side this year. I mean I’m sure we will be looking at more young OL next year in the draft as a possible replacement for Brandon but hopefully he holds that spot down and allows Sam to grow into a really bright player by seasons end. Athletically he has all the tools. With the way this staff preaches fundamentals and I think using a more zone based scheme I think the skys the limit with Cosmi. I bet we see a ton of him pulling this year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Good. Now resign lol. I’m pretty certain he isn’t going to resign without seeing what else is out there. But we have another year of Brandon so hopefully he and Sam can lock down this right side this year. I mean I’m sure we will be looking at more young OL next year in the draft as a possible replacement for Brandon but hopefully he holds that spot down and allows Sam to grow into a really bright player by seasons end. Athletically he has all the tools. With the way this staff preaches fundamentals and I think using a more zone based scheme I think the skys the limit with Cosmi. I bet we see a ton of him pulling this year

I believe that will be the case since he’s very athletic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I concur Brandon may be out of here next season. Wouldn't be surprise if we drafted a OL in the first rd of next yr draft that is if we miss out on a QB.

Edited by 4209

2 hours ago, 4209 said:

I concur Brandon may be out of here next season. Wouldn't be surprise if we drafted a OL in the first rd of next yr draft that is if we miss out on a QB.

I mean his agent is maximizing his value. He knows realistically contracts are really one to 3 years max soupy off guarantees. Plus Brandon wants to hit FA it will maximize his next deal anyways since he’s maximized the two Franchise tags. I think he has the same agent as Kirk Cousins who I think reps Dak as well. Players maximize their money playing on these franchise deals and as Dak situation showed you can still get a deal even with a nasty injury on the tag.

The second tag automatically sets a floor at a reset in the market value for position. And as we’ve seen other guys are breaking the bank at interior OL off said deals hitting the market going to other teams. Love the player but he’s basically pricing himself out of this tenure with this staff. Love the player but business is business. I trust we can find similar play with this coaching staff from a guard in the draft next year who isn’t a top 5 selection. But Brandon is a hard worker and won’t be a distraction. Sadly he won’t net a return worthy of assets given to him over these years here but his agent has done his job. It’s just business and business means more then likely he’s done here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2944039-nfl-offseason-dominoes-left-to-fall-in-june

This article says we can save $12+ mill if we cut Landon Collins. I thought we couldn't save anything so he was almost guaranteed another year here . Is this correct ? Anyone Capologist know the answer ?

I don't think so. Ironically, if you click the link they provided it brings you to this:

Post June release:

POST-6/1 RELEASE2021 Dead Cap: $16,700,000

2022 Dead Cap: $9,600,000

2021 Cap Savings: $205,877

A trade might be different but no one is gonna trade for him. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think so. Ironically, if you click the link they provided it brings you to this:

Post June release:

POST-6/1 RELEASE2021 Dead Cap: $16,700,000

2022 Dead Cap: $9,600,000

2021 Cap Savings: $205,877

A trade might be different but no one is gonna trade for him. 

O K, good work ! We're stuck with him. Maybe he'll have a bounceback season. dreaming is optional around here.