News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We need to bring in another QB for camp. Someone has to compete with Fromm and also be an arm. 

Rivera said yesterday that they had to pause operations while the ownership deal finalized.  Maybe we see some moves this week.

• Like 2

Was looking at fantasy stuff and ran across this. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/fantasy-football-draft-guide-teasers/news/2023-fantasy-sleepers-and-busts-dont-overlook-watson

2023 Fantasy Football Draft Guide | Bust Picks

Curtis Samuel, WR, Commanders
I was on the Samuel hype train last season and while it started out great, the ending left much to be desired. New OC Eric Bieniemy will bring a new scheme to Washington and they have a new quarterback (Sam Howell) with a different skill-set. I don’t know where this will leave Samuel, a jack-of-all trades player. Terry McLaurin has the WR1 spot secured and Jahan Dotson showed more than enough promise to make a leap in year two. Bieniemy is sure to get Antonio Gibson more involved in the offense and if they’re using him and Brian Robinson plus the two receivers, where does Samuel fall in line? I have no doubt that Samuel will get manufactured touches in the right spots, but unless we expect this offense to be elite, we can’t draft three receivers from the same offense. Samuel is my odd man out. – Lawrence Jackson

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/38067885/20-nfl-players-coaches-execs-most-pressure-2023-tua-jordan-love-mike-mccarthy

Chase Young, EDGE, Commanders

No pass-rusher came into the league with a more exciting résumé than Young, who was seen as potentially the best player available at any position when he came off the board with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 draft. Young did enough in his debut season to claim the defensive rookie of the year award, but he never built on his promising start. He had just 1.5 sacks and four knockdowns during the first half of 2021 before suffering a knee injury, then didn't return before the final three weeks of the 2022 campaign.

The Commanders declined Young's fifth-year option this spring. The hope might be that the move motivates Young, but the reality is the Commanders thought the level of play Young has shown so far hasn't been worth the risk of guaranteeing him $17.5 million for 2024, even when that's a relatively modest mark for edge rushers. With former college teammate Nick Bosa set to become the highest-paid defensive end in league history on a new extension this offseason, Young needs to turn things around to get back on track, with the $24.5 million franchise tag as a target for 2024.

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Was looking at fantasy stuff and ran across this. 

Does the guy know what Jack of All Trades means? Samuel is going to get touches as an outside WR, a slot WR and as a RB. He can be used like McKissic was for us out of the backfield & how McKinnon was for the Chiefs.

All slot WRs get a lot of touches and the fact that Samuel can play in the slot, as a RB and catch passes out of the backfield tells me he’ll have more touches than last year when he had 102.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Does the guy know what Jack of All Trades means? Samuel is going to get touches as an outside WR, a slot WR and as a RB. He can be used like McKissic was for us out of the backfield & how McKinnon was for the Chiefs.

All slot WRs get a lot of touches and the fact that Samuel can play in the slot, as a RB and catch passes out of the backfield tells me he’ll have more touches than last year when he had 102.

I think Gibson might be more successful in that role.

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So different as players but he could be good on third down. J D had such quickness/ A G might be faster-surely bigger, stronger. I hope they don't completely forget about him as a runner  . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

They’ll both be used like in the way McKissic & Gibson were both used as receivers out of the backfield. It won’t be a lot of Samuel doing that but for different looks &’matchups, he can do it. 

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/30898/OG-Trai-Turner-tears-quad-only-days-after-signing-with-Saints

I know - doesn't play for us anymore but seems we dodged that bullet !

Sorry for him but he's getting paid-glad it ain't us .

Damn, I wonder of it's the same quad he had an issue with last year in training camp
and early in the season?