PFF has Redskins as 14th ranked D

turtle28

14. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

BEST-GRADED STARTER: 

Kendall Fuller, CB, 88.4

WORST-GRADED: Ziggy Hood, DI, 41.1

The Washington pass-rush has been revamped this season, with unexpected contributions from Junior Galette, coming off the back of multiple season-ending injuries, as well as second-year man Matt Ioannidis up front. Rookie interior lineman Jonathan Allen has been as good as expected but is now feared out for the season, and they have had some surprising positives in the secondary.

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s had some pressure, but not much. He also hasn’t had much playing time. Hard to be productive when you’re only getting 10 or so snaps a game.

He's played 100 snaps in 5 games.  He's played about 1/3 of all defensive snaps, and most are probably in obvious passing situations.  The guy is done.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2017-snap-counts.htm 

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He's played 100 snaps in 5 games.  He's played about 1/3 of all defensive snaps, and most are probably in obvious passing situations.  The guy is done.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2017-snap-counts.htm 

If you watched him during the games you'd know he isn't what he once was but he has the quickest first step on the team. He's no longer a pro bowl caliber player but he's a good back up.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

If you watched him during the games you'd know he isn't what he once was but he has the quickest first step on the team. He's no longer a pro bowl caliber player but he's a good back up.

He's made practically no contribution at all and should be replaced with a younger player with upside.  Ryan Anderson should be receiving the majority of his snaps.

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's made practically no contribution at all and should be replaced with a younger player with upside.  Ryan Anderson should be receiving the majority of his snaps.

He hasn't made a real impact so far no doubt but he's barely played as Kerrigan & Smith get near 80% of the snaps. I think they've working him back slowly. I expect his snap counts to increase over the 2nd half of the season. Also, He didn't play the last in 2 years and has been working rust off and is coming off two torn Achilles. 

I have no problem with Anderson getting more snaps, but he's not the pure pass rusher Galette is. Anderson has little speed to get around the edge and he doesn't have multiple moves. Galette still has the quickest first step and the most moves of the pass rushers.

I really hope with Allen out that they'll kick Kerrigan or Smith inside on 3rd and long or end of games protecting a lead and have Galette play OLB opposite whoever they play at the other OLB (Kerrigan of Smith).

36 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I want us to draft another DL first round next year . 

Should be BPA in position of need as always. That could be a DL, or could be an ILB, RB or we may even need to draft a wr round 1 again next year.

Preferably is like to take an ILB; Malik Jefferson (Texas), Micha Kiser (UVA), Kendall Joseph (Clemson) or Roquan Smith (Georgia).

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They have to draft another DL in the first two rounds. You have to have talented players giving Allen and Ioannidis some rest.

Adding another interior pass rusher will do wonders for this team. Christian Wilkins would be such a good fit as a pass rusher

Archived