WR Julian Edelman released by Patriots; Announces retirement

Apparition

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Gronk's entire body was shot, but Tampa Tom brings in who Tampa Tom wants. Edelman is a Buc by sundown tonight...

Edelman is going to wake up tomorrow with an unsigned contract in his bed next to him, with keys to his new apartment by Raymond James, a #11 Bucs jersey and an official Bruce Arians Kangol...

Damn, you spent all that effort coming up with this post.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

You think Tampa Tom cares?

Look, when I said he's the Elon Musk of the NFL, I meant he has the same weird, off-putting personality and barely-restrained loathing for mankind, not that he's somehow technologically inclined enough to create a pair of functional cybernetic knees.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Starless said:

Look, when I said he's the Elon Musk of the NFL, I meant he has the same weird, off-putting personality and barely-restrained loathing for mankind, not that he's somehow technologically inclined enough to create a pair of functional cybernetic knees.

Agree, but don't put it past Tampa Tom to farm ligaments and bone from some orphans. He'll do that.

That's the real TB12 method - get fresh ligaments from a toddler.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Gronk's entire body was shot, but Tampa Tom brings in who Tampa Tom wants. Edelman is a Buc by sundown tonight...

Edelman is going to wake up tomorrow with an unsigned contract in his bed next to him, with keys to his new apartment by Raymond James, a #11 Bucs jersey and an official Bruce Arians Kangol...

uh... apartment? try 5000 sf house, on the water, with all the toys included. 

In all seriousness, kinda sad to see his career end this way. I dont want to overstate his career, so,  its fair to say he was an integral part of the pats offense for years.

2nd most receptions and receiving yards in postseason history, behind only Jerry Rice. Not bad for someone who didn't really play much offense until his 5th season. Can't help but wonder what heights he might have reached if he'd started off sooner and remained healthier. 

Edited by Starless

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I found out he retired by seeing like 4 twitter threads where dudes were actually trying to say this man belongs in the HOF because of his postseason bulk stats alone lol

Literally any discussion about why a player deserves to be in the HOF, Edelman is in that conversation. 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Glad he retires as a Patriots. Probably one of the biggest fan favorites since Teddy Bruschi (at least for sure for me). 

This was probably one of those rare releases/trades that I'm willing Belichick had a hard time doing. Jules was the anti-Welker.

• Like 1