UNC Tar Heels Thread | Elliot Cadeau reclassifies

beekay414

Hubert has a mold for what kind of bigs he wants and it's totally the opposite of Roy. It's so damn refreshing to see a coach with modern day recruiting ability. Every single big man so far is someone that can score at all 3 levels. Spacing is going to be something Coach Davis stresses.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Bacot back for his senior season. Dawson Garcia and Anthony Harris are in the portal but we ended up playing better without Garcia and Harris is oft-injured so neither are a big loss. I'd expect RJ Davis and Caleb Love back as well but we have to fill the Manek void if we want to make another run. Puff Johnson is going to have to fill that void IMO. He needs to make a leap. I believe Leaky's gone (never know with the Covid rules) so Dontrez Styles might take his spot.

Gonna be interesting to see what Hubert does next year but their run to the title game makes next year more intriguing.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bacot back for his senior season. Dawson Garcia and Anthony Harris are in the portal but we ended up playing better without Garcia and Harris is oft-injured so neither are a big loss. I'd expect RJ Davis and Caleb Love back as well but we have to fill the Manek void if we want to make another run. Puff Johnson is going to have to fill that void IMO. He needs to make a leap. I believe Leaky's gone (never know with the Covid rules) so Dontrez Styles might take his spot.

Gonna be interesting to see what Hubert does next year but their run to the title game makes next year more intriguing.

Love/Davis/Bacot will be as good as any trio in the country.

RJ Davis | D'Marco Dunn | Seth Trimble
Caleb Love | Kerwin Walton
G/F Dontrez Styles | Tyler Nickel
F  Puff Johnson | Justin McKoy
F/C Armando Bacot | Jalen Washington | Will Shaver

That looks like the rotation next year but we'll have one degree left to use in the transfer portal, which I'd expect us to use as an avenue to replace Manek or Black. 

Terrence Shannon from Texas Tech would be a huge get if we could pull it off. 

Edited by beekay414

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Probably true but the secondary pieces are going to determine whether we can get back to the title game. Leaky and Manek were huge pieces.

Do you have any good freshmen coming in? Davis/Love will give you a chance in any tournament game regardless, I remember comparing Davis to Lawson when you guys landed him.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do you have any good freshmen coming in? Davis/Love will give you a chance in any tournament game regardless, I remember comparing Davis to Lawson when you guys landed him.

I just posted the rotation and the rumor that we could be landing Terrence Shannon.

Our incoming freshman class is all 4* or below. Seth Trimble, Jalen Washington, Tyler Nickel and Will Shaver. They are all really good fits for Hubert's system so I'm gonna trust him.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I just posted the rotation and the rumor that we could be landing Terrence Shannon.

Our incoming freshman class is all 4* or below. Seth Trimble, Jalen Washington, Tyler Nickel and Will Shaver. They are all really good fits for Hubert's system so I'm gonna trust him.

I'm sure your recruiting will pick up sooner rather than later. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Running it back with everyone sans Manek. Probably means we're out on Shannon. Think Leaky puts us at 13 scholarships again. 

EDIT - Unless the free year doesn't count! Don't quite know the rules. 

Where exactly was Leaky going to go?