UNC Tar Heels Thread | Elliot Cadeau reclassifies

beekay414

Everything I've read says that the extra year doesn't count against scholarship limits and that it's on the program to pay for the extra guys, so we may not be out on Terrence Shannon quite yet. He probably ends up at Michigan but we still technically have that scholarship.

Also, Kerwin Walton is testing the draft process in order to get professional feedback. He may or may not be returning to UNC. Doubtful he stays in the draft and, if he intends to transfer, he needs to enter the portal by May 1st to be eligible next season. 

Regardless, his role diminished greatly and Tyler Nickel could easily surpass him next season. Not a great loss either way but would be decent depth if he returns. Personally, I'd love to get that scholarship so we can go after a transfer portal player to replace Manek but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...

Walton did indeed enter the transfer portal before the May 1st deadline so we have an open roster spot for next year. 

Not sure where we go with it but there should be plenty of options. I think Matthew Mayer would be perfect but we probably need a true stretch 4.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:41 PM, beekay414 said:

Very real chance that we'll be the preseason #1

Davis, Love, and Bacot will be as good, if not better, than any trio in the country next season. I remember telling you when Davis committed he was going to be a stud, dude is lightening quick and reminded me of Ty Lawson. The Duke/UNC matchups should be fun next year although I'm petrified that your guards eat us alive again, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

GG Jackson's mom wanted him to get quicker to the money so he reclassified, decommitted and will likely be headed to South Carolina. Gotta love parents that **** with their kids future for a paycheck.

Why wouldn't he just reclassify and stay committed to UNC? Less opportunities to have the ball this upcoming season?

28 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why wouldn't he just reclassify and stay committed to UNC? Less opportunities to have the ball this upcoming season?

I'd assume his thought process is he'll be the center of the offense at SC and be one and done, whereas it's not even a guarantee he'd start at UNC this year.