UNC Tar Heels Thread | Elliot Cadeau reclassifies

beekay414

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd assume his thought process is he'll be the center of the offense at SC and be one and done, whereas it's not even a guarantee he'd start at UNC this year.

Pretty much.  Not saying I agree with him or his mom, but there's a cleaner path to PT and exposure at South Carolina then there is at North Carolina.  So unless your dead set on playing for UNC, this probably maximizes his long-term financial success ASSUMING he isn't overwhelmed in college.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much.  Not saying I agree with him or his mom, but there's a cleaner path to PT and exposure at South Carolina then there is at North Carolina.  So unless your dead set on playing for UNC, this probably maximizes his long-term financial success ASSUMING he isn't overwhelmed in college.

I would be curious if he could get a decent NIL deal at South Carolina or if he'd be better just going to the G League if he wants to get paid now. 

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would be curious if he could get a decent NIL deal at South Carolina or if he'd be better just going to the G League if he wants to get paid now. 

I would think UNC could set up a nice NIL deal for top recruits with all the national exposure they typically get, but are really in line to get this upcoming season.

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That's the entire reason he's reclassifying. Mom wants that NIL money now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

vs Pitt - 34.8% FG, 18.5% 3pt FG (27 attempts)
vs Duke - 34.3% FG, 25.9% 3pt FG (27 attempts)
vs Wake Forest - 40.5% FG, 22.2% 3pt FG (18 attempts)
vs Miami (FL) - 43.9% FG, 16.1% 3pt FG (31 attempts)
vs NC State - 35.5% FG, 31.8% 3pt FG (22 attempts)

Last 5 losses. Just straight up pathetic on the offensive end. Take away that fluke run to the title game and Hubert is 40-20 as coach and he is incapable of making adjustments. Just straight up unappealing basketball full of a bunch of chuckers. If you're going to run this system, at least get kids in that can shoot. You can't run an ISO heavy system and be as bad a bunch of shooters as UNC currently is. Brady Manek masked so many deficiencies in this offense.

Edited by beekay414

• 3 weeks later...

Must have game and they, shocker, shoot mid-30s again. Just an abysmal offensive structure with no real shooting. Caleb Love can hit the transfer portal and go play in the MAC or something where he belongs. 

Hubert Davis giving some real Matt Doherty "I have no ******* clue what I'm doing" vibes. 

On 3/9/2023 at 6:03 PM, beekay414 said:

Must have game and they, shocker, shoot mid-30s again. Just an abysmal offensive structure with no real shooting. Caleb Love can hit the transfer portal and go play in the MAC or something where he belongs. 

Hubert Davis giving some real Matt Doherty "I have no ******* clue what I'm doing" vibes. 

Playing two bigs and Leaky Black was not the move.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Playing two bigs and Leaky Black was not the move.

This team struggled mightily all season and his answer was to keep the bench short and run the starters into the ground. Not only was that dumb for this season but it makes next season a total wildcard because we have no idea if these kids can play or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of talk that Caleb Love is leaving too. Not a massive loss after the gongshow that was 2022-23. We need to hope that Elliot Cadeau reclassifies, Boogie Fland commits for 2024 and then Jarin Stevenson commits and reclassifies to 2023. Otherwise, it's going to be RJ Davis, Armando Bacot (likely coming back for his COVID year) and a whole lot of transfers. Not sure Dunn and Washington are ready to start yet. Stevenson, if he were to commit and reclassify, probably isn't ready either but we'd have to land a starting 3 and 4 from the portal at this rate. 

Kinda insane that Tyler Nickel moved on when I slotted him in as our starting SF next year due to his ability to shoot.