What is a Super Bowl, that if a player had won, they are in the HOF?

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Perhaps I'm misremembering how he was as a Patriot.

he was above average for a few seasons, but never great. 

If he'd entered the league 20 years earlier, he'd probably have been a lot better. He was built for the era of football when the passing game was a lot more chuck 'n' duck. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 8:00 AM, ravishingone said:

I do wonder how many more Bills would be in the HOF if they would have won any of the 4.  Heck, if they won 2 of 4, they could have been in the conveesation of best team of all time.  

I think you have in who deserves to be in on offense (I actually don't know that Reed belongs) - maybe one or two of the OLs. Where it swings is on D, with maybe Bennett and Talley making it in as well. 

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Jimmy Johnson built a dynasty from scratch, that’s a little different from rich Gannon lol

And then Johnson flamed out in Miami. And yes it's different, because one's a player, and the other is a coach. Doesn't mean they both can't have a shooting star effect attached to their legacy. 

2 hours ago, Starless said:

Patrick Willis would definitely already be in if the 49ers had won SB XLVII

What about Jessie Tuggle?

Hell, what about Lance Briggs? 

Tuggle, Lance, and Armstead I feel would have had their chances increase, but only marginally. Great players, but don't seem to be remembered as much compared to other guys. Probably because they played on a lot of bad squads. 

Matt Ryan '16. Would have an MVP, a ring and a very good career otherwise

Russell Wilson '14. Two rings, SB MVP and a very good career

Good chance both of those QBs get in anyway

Torry Holt '01? He's been on the cusp for several years now, another ring would probably have him in by now

Edited by childofpudding

10 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I think you have in who deserves to be in on offense (I actually don't know that Reed belongs) - maybe one or two of the OLs. Where it swings is on D, with maybe Bennett and Talley making it in as well. 

There are enough Bills in already. Reed and Kelly don’t belong as it is. Maybe they would if they won a few though.

sterling Sharpe wipes the floor with Reed in head to head years. Andre Reec was the 2nd best Andre WR for a long stretch and the second best Reed WR for about a 3 year period. Stat accumulation and playing with Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas does not mean you belong with greatness.

Kelly was a 20 TD and 28 pick playoff QB who is only in the hall for what this team did in the playoffs. He wax also the 2nd best playoff QB on that team.

Edited by SkippyX

8 hours ago, Starless said:

Patrick Willis would definitely already be in if the 49ers had won SB XLVII

What about Jessie Tuggle?

Hell, what about Lance Briggs? 

SB wins only seem to matter for QBs (which is stupid, but whatever). Not Linebackers.

EDIT: A SB win would not have put WIllis in the HOF.  Willis would've already been a 1st ballot HOF if he had stayed healthy and continued the path he has headed towards.  He'll get in the fame, eventually.  His lack of longevity is the only thing stopping him. 

Tuggle was good and very rounded player but he was not a HOF player IMO.

A SB is not what's stopping Briggs from becoming a HOF.  What's stopping Briggs from being a HOF is media politics and that the fact he played with so many other great LBers that he was often over-looked and forgotten about when it came to voting for trophies.  Him, Fletcher, and Peanut.  All of them were VERY underrated throughout the majority of their careers and didn't start to get the recognition they deserved from the media until they were at the tail end of their primes.

Cornerbacks now pin their game based on the "peanut" punch. He revolutionized it and didn't get any recognition for it because he played in era where other CBs like Aso, Revis, Woodson, etc where getting the most attention that his play wasn't recognized nor appreciated at the time.

The same path that's been happening to Lavonte David (SP).  I guarantee it.  He's so overlooked only because he's being labeled as "Linebacker" (despite the differences in responsibilities)  as been competing with the likes of so many others. 

Sorry, that was a bit of rant. I just hate how the HOF voting process is now.

Edited by JAF-N72EX