2017's parity. Why?

Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Remember in NFL Gen when people were asking if the Pats would lose a game or go 16-0? Me too. Parity is great to see. I'm pretty excited to see how this season plays out.

Every single year we get "Patriots will go 16-0" and "Patriots are a Super Bowl lock". It's ridiculous people believe this. Nobody is ever a Super Bowl lock but some people on this forum were 100% convinced.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

You are confusing parity with whose winning in the standings. 

No, actually, Im not.   

Im not the one claiming there is parity because of said standings. 

The only reason I brought up those standings at all is to showcase that alot of the usual teams are still at the tops of their division in my claim that there ISNT as much NEW parity as some are suggesting.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Every single year we get "Patriots will go 16-0" and "Patriots are a Super Bowl lock". It's ridiculous people believe this. Nobody is ever a Super Bowl lock but some people on this forum were 100% convinced.

You wouldn't have found many of us claiming that. 

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

There will still be some elite QB's. I think of Carr maturing. also Rodgers will be a wylie vet and will still be fantastic, just more cerebal. Also I think mariota, Winston, Goff and Wentz will be elite QB's. Dak will most likely be great as well. Russell Wilson will continue for a few more yeas as well. 

there are plenty of guys that are going to be very very good. 

I think we are coming to the end of an era of some great QB's in Big Ben, Peyton Manning, Eli, Tom, Drew, Rivers, Flacco. These were the face of the NFL for two decades, we are now entering unfamiliar territory. 

New guys and a new flavor. 

There will definitely be elite Qbs, but I think it's all relative.

I don't think we'll get to a Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers era for a loooong time. With the current up-and-coming, Carr has a poor record against playoff teams and apparently can't win in cold weather (both of those stats are horrendous when you consider playoffs and winning things). Wentz looks good this season with the most effective OL; I'd say he's going to be up there for 10 years. Winston and Mariota haven't shown anywhere near enough, yet. Wilson is special. 

New guys and new flavour, but relatively, Wentz/Watson/Carr/Luck(hopefully)/Mariota/Wilson is decidedly inferior to Brady/Rodges/Brees/Manning/Roethslisberger. If both at their peak.

Maybe the league will adjust, become NOT such a pass dominant league, and this parity is something we get used to. 

Archived