ILB: Jordan Hicks

CB: Malcolm Butler

CB: Byron Murphy

CB: Robert Alford

RS: Budda Baker

FS: Jalen Thompson

SS: Deionte Thompson

EwealFHXIAMKhmZ.jpg

......in all seriousness though i’ve always rooted for the cardinals, hopefully they can put it together

20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

EwealFHXIAMKhmZ.jpg

......in all seriousness though i’ve always rooted for the cardinals, hopefully they can put it together

I mean, on paper it's a pretty good team. You have like four viable edge guys, and we added JJ Watt on the interior. 

We came into the off-season with a handful of needs, specifically corner, center, edge, IDL, running back, and tight end. We signed Malcolm Butler at corner, who has outplayed Patrick Peterson the past couple of seasons. We added one of the best centers in the league to replace possibly the worst starting center in the league. We retained Markus Golden and Dennis Gardeck to take care of edge. We added a future HOFer on the IDL and the rest of the guys should be returning to health. And at running back, we got James Conner to be our change of pace back and add a little bit more of a power element. 

Keim just gave himself lots of flexibility for the draft, literally adding either all-pros or pro-bowlers at every spot except for edge and TE. And at edge, we have an All-Pro returning.

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

WR: AJ Green

DE: JJ Watt

Oh my G-

(Checks calendar)

...oh. 

They’ve got a shot to be good, but is a Green for Fitz switch an improvement?  And betting on Watt staying healthy?  It’s a gamble. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen

1 hour ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Oh my G-

(Checks calendar)

...oh. 

They’ve got a shot to be good, but is a Green for Fitz switch an improvement?  And betting on Watt staying healthy?  It’s a gamble. 

Well, if Green plays outside WR, it'll be very different than having Fitz, who has been playing as basically a TE since 2014. Like, he's been a big slot, but we've also literally had him playing in-line. But yeah, Fitz has been inside to capitalize on his size while still being able to succeed with his decreased explosion due to the more favorable matchups that can be had there. So I honestly see Green on the perimeter as a different type of player.

Will AJ Green be AS reliable as Larry Fitzgerald? No. But maybe he can be 2019 Fitzgerald level. Make some big plays. Otherwise just be a steady receiver who can capitalize when teams are keyed in elsewhere.

Should also allow Christian Kirk to play more in the slot, which is good, because he's much more effective when he's lined up there.

10 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, on paper it's a pretty good team. You have like four viable edge guys, and we added JJ Watt on the interior. 

We came into the off-season with a handful of needs, specifically corner, center, edge, IDL, running back, and tight end. We signed Malcolm Butler at corner, who has outplayed Patrick Peterson the past couple of seasons. We added one of the best centers in the league to replace possibly the worst starting center in the league. We retained Markus Golden and Dennis Gardeck to take care of edge. We added a future HOFer on the IDL and the rest of the guys should be returning to health. And at running back, we got James Conner to be our change of pace back and add a little bit more of a power element. 

Keim just gave himself lots of flexibility for the draft, literally adding either all-pros or pro-bowlers at every spot except for edge and TE. And at edge, we have an All-Pro returning.

We will see what happens. 95% of the time when a team loads up in FA during the offseason their fans are left disappointed with the results that following season. Always just seems to work that way for whatever reason sans a very few exceptions.

Like I said though I’d like to see the cardinals come out of the NFC so hopefully you’re one of the teams it works for

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Rooting for Conner. Any chance he starts?

I’d say best case scenario for him he’s a 1B. But more than likely I’d bet he does short yardage situations, and some other spot usage with maybe 5-10 touches a game. We’re pretty invested in giving Chase Edmonds a legit shot at being a lead back this year 

• Like 1