Your Top 10 Players Right Now

Mox

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The top level talent is too good right now. Not saying I would put him outside the top 5, but we just saw him look pretty mediocre in the playoffs and suffered a season altering injury in two of the past three seasons. It is one thing if he suffered those injuries and then returned in top form, but that didn't happen. He's also going to be in year 19 and will be 37 years old. Not crazy to think he's more so a bottom 10 player instead of a top 5 player. 

He did that last season after the groin injury in 2019 and was a MVP candidate. I’m done doubting Lebron. I think we should always give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

He did that last season after the groin injury in 2019 and was a MVP candidate. I’m done doubting Lebron. I think we should always give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

That's fine, I'm just saying I see the argument of having him out of the top 5 as well. If healthy, obviously he's still top 3 in terms of who you want in the playoffs. Can he get back to that? Not a guarantee anymore. 

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not a huge fan of Jason Kidd as a coach but I'm sure he has learned a ton being on the Lakers staff around LeBron/AD, seeing what it takes to win a title, manage superstars egos, and get role players to buy in. 

I like the Nico Harrison hiring in theory but it will be interesting to see how everything unfolds. If they're able to sign Kawhi this off-season it was a great hire. My one concern is that the Mavericks might settle on b-tier free agents this off-season with all of the cap space they have which then limits their ability to be a player in free agency next summer when a lot of top guys are set to hit the open market. 

Next summer is when the Mavs have to give Luka and Brunson extensions, so it's really all about this offseason.

MIL just won a championship with B-tier free agents, and DAL did that before. TOR built the same way, but with good development, coaching, and trades. 

Pistons were built that way when they won in 2004 too.

Suns made the finals this year and they were built that way, and the Hawks made the ECF by building this way too.

It's more than possible to win a title with B-tier free agents. The Mavs have their bona fide superstar, so that helps a lot, and maybe they can pull off a trade or two and continue to develop their young players. But Kidd has to coach well. That's a must.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Luka needs to do more in the playoffs to be in the top 3

For sure, but I don't have LeBron in my top 3 now either.

But most of all, Dallas needs to get Luka the right kind of help. KP is aite, but he misses a lot of games and they wouldn't let him cut or roll. After that, they have guys like THJ, Brunson, DFS, and Kleber. That's not a very good 6 man rotation at all. Need to get Luka someone else, and that just might happen this offseason.

@NYRaideryou actually have a point about the Mavs this offseason. They could keep the powder dry and make a splash next offseason, but that also risks them losing THJ and falling down the Western Conference standings. Brunson will be a RFA next offseason, so his extension/new deal will also hinder their flexibility a bit. 

Personally, I'd just make the moves this offseason, and then use the draft and/or make trades to build up the team. If they're over the cap, then they can still use the MLE on guys who should provide them with some depth. That's a good plan tbh.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes he does, but I'm not going to hold you. 

During the regular season, sure, during the playoffs he's not a top 10 guy, and no way am I taking him over any of the other 10 I listed if I need to win a playoff game.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

During the regular season, sure, during the playoffs he's not a top 10 guy, and no way am I taking him over any of the other 10 I listed if I need to win a playoff game.

Right, because you listed so many winners on that list lol.....Harden isn't on the level of LBJ/KD/etc in the playoffs, but he has more moments and good games than a lot of the guys you listed. What exactly has Embiid shown in the playoffs? While Harden has some hilarious failures in the playoffs, let's not act like Lillard hasn't had some terrible series himself. AD has amazing playoff efficiency yet he hardly made the playoffs in NO. Luka hasn't even made it out of the first round, though he was obviously really good in both his series. 

But it's cool I guess......

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, because you listed so many winners on that list lol.....Harden isn't on the level of LBJ/KD/etc in the playoffs, but he has more moments and good games than a lot of the guys you listed. What exactly has Embiid shown in the playoffs? While Harden has some hilarious failures in the playoffs, let's not act like Lillard hasn't had some terrible series himself. AD has amazing playoff efficiency yet he hardly made the playoffs in NO. Luka hasn't even made it out of the first round, though he was obviously really good in both his series. 

But it's cool I guess......

Those days are over and he has never been clutch. Harden literally one of the last people I want shooting a buzzer beater or any type of clutch situation shot.

Edited by Jeezla