Your Top 10 Players Right Now

Mox

18 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kobe was the greatest basketball I ever seen. from a skill standpoint, to the warrior on the court, to the moves. Guess that makes me an outsider for not saying Lebron is the goat 

After Shaq left the Lakers were pretty cheeks for 3 years, then made the move for Gasol and had another great 3 year run, then were cheeks again for the rest of Kobe's career. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

sure, but MJ didn't team up with Patrick Ewing, and Clyde Dexler to win his titles. it was organic to have a good team 

Kobe had to team up with Shaq to win his first 3 titles and Pau Gasol to win his last 2 titles. Was that organic? 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, I wouldn't expect him to but his resume, at 26, speaks for itself. We'll see what happens in the future.

I don't expect him to either but at this time he could potentially do it with his resume where it's at.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Harden over Kawhi Leonard????????

Mostly durability and offensive gap. Harden would have an easier time replicating what Kawhi has done than vice versa up until this season. Harden resting 1/4 of the season for stacked teams his whole career probably has a ring or two. No way could Kawhi be the workhorse Harden was in Houston.

Kobe had to team up with Shaq to win his first 3 titles and Pau Gasol to win his last 2 titles. Was that organic? 

well he was drafted. he didn't leave his team to join another stars team. or leave a sinking ship for better opportunities

Edited by Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

. all this without a super team in an agent recruiting stars to play with you

I know, damn shame that Kobe couldn't win without the Lakers recruiting Shaq via free agency and trading for Pau Gasol. He should've done it like Michael Jordan.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There's no reason for Kobe Bryant to be over Larry Bird, let alone MJ or LeBron.

I rate Bird higher but Kobe's longevity edge makes me at least kind of think about it.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I rate Bird higher but Kobe's longevity edge makes me at least kind of think about it.

Makes sense to overlook super teams. 80s had super teams, so does the current NBA. no competition like the era of Kobe, KG, Duncan etc.. that era was the golden age of the NBA

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

well he was drafted. he didn't leave his team to join another stars team. or leave a sinking ship for better opportunities

Probably also plays a role in why he didn't even make the finals in 13/20 seasons. And why their team was pretty arse for a good portion of his career. LeBron has played 18 years in the league and his teams have had a winning record in 17 of them with the only exception being his rookie season. And have made the playoffs in 16 straight years, advancing to at least the 2nd round in 15 of those seasons with this year being the only exception. 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Also other than Curry/Giannis every other star player that has won a ring has switched teams multiple times. LeBron, Kawhi, Durant, Kyrie, etc. 

Probably also plays a role in why he didn't even make the finals in 13/20 seasons. And why their team was pretty arse for a good portion of his career. LeBron has played 18 years in the league and his teams have had a winning record in 17 of them with the only exception being his rookie season. And have made the playoffs in 16 straight years, advancing to at least the 2nd round in 15 of those seasons with this year being the only exception. 

the East was so bad during that time span. who was the completion, Joe Johnson? an old Paul Pierce lmfao.. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Makes sense to overlook super teams. 80s had super teams, so does the current NBA. no competition like the era of Kobe, KG, Duncan etc.. that era was the golden age of the NBA

Kobe played with the best player in the league for 3 titles, let's cool down on criticizing others for their teammates. People don't understand the 13 and 14 Heat weren't super teams in the slightest.