Your Top 10 Players Right Now

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

nobody is saying Lillard had the better career. I'm just saying he will better going forward because father time was kinder to Lillards legs this past season.

How much longer does Dame have at his peak though? He's smaller, the same age, and has to carry a bigger load on a worse team in a tougher conference.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah but Harden also gets to the FT line at an insane rate. This year was the worst FTR year of his career since becoming a full time starter and it was the same as Dame's best year. He also just had his most efficient year scoring since becoming a full time starter and averaged 11 assists per game. He never has been a great defender and never will be one. 

Despite that he has been a positive DBPM every year of his career while Lillard has been a negative DBPM in 7/9 years. For their careers Harden is a +0.9 and Lillard is a -0.8, lol. Last year Harden was a +0.6 and Lillard was a -1.6...

Lillard is 6'3". What do you expect?

Just now, NYRaider said:

How much longer does Dame have at his peak though? He's smaller, the same age, and has to carry a bigger load on a worse team in a tougher conference.

Probably just 1 or 2 years. Maybe none. Wouldn't surprise me if he took a noticeable step back this coming season. And if he does, then James bumps him out of the top 10.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Then how is he better than Harden now? lol

at defense? He's not, but that isn't a positive quality for either of them. He'll be better offensively this year (assuming he stays healthy)

Edited by Jeezla
Just now, Jeezla said:

at defense? He's not, but that isn't a positive quality for either of them. He'll be better offensively this year (assuming he stays healthy)

He'll probably put up better volume scoring numbers, doesn't mean he's a better player. Unless you think Brad Beal is the best player in the NBA.

Just now, NYRaider said:

He'll probably put up better volume scoring numbers, doesn't mean he's a better player. Unless you think Brad Beal is the best player in the NBA.

I never thought AI was the best player in the NBA just because he scored the most. I just think 95-100% Lillard will be better than 75-85% Harden.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Probably just 1 or 2 years. Maybe none. Wouldn't surprise me if he took a noticeable step back this coming season. And if he does, then James bumps him out of the top 10.

The game isn't all about scoring though, not to mention Harden went to a situation where his FGA were slashed nearly 33%. The previous two seasons when he was asked to carry the load he averaged 34 ppg/36 ppg and got Houston out of the first round both years. The last two years have been Dame's best and he has averaged 29 ppg/30 ppg and Portland got smacked in the 1st round.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I never thought AI was the best player in the NBA just because he scored the most. I just think 95-100% Lillard will be better than 75-85% Harden.

And 100% Lillard will be going home round 1 again.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The game isn't all about scoring though, not to mention Harden went to a situation where his FGA were slashed nearly 33%. The previous two seasons when he was asked to carry the load he averaged 34 ppg/36 ppg and got Houston out of the first round both years. The last two years have been Dame's best and he has averaged 29 ppg/30 ppg and Portland got smacked in the 1st round.

Yea, Portland doesn't have a good team.
Again, if you just swap Harden for Dame, do you think Portland advances to round 2? 2021 Harden, not 2019/2020 Harden.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And 100% Lillard will be going home round 1 again.

You never know, he could get traded to LA.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, Portland doesn't have a good team.
Again, if you just swap Harden for Dame, do you think Portland advances to round 2? 2021 Harden, not 2019/2020 Harden.

Yes. I think he would've fried Campazzo and Rivers.

49 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's about what it cost the Lakers to get Pau Gasol.

But was Pau Gasol a top 10 player and better than a recent MVP at the time of the trade like Dame?