GDT 2017: Week 7 - Ravens @ Vikings

drd23

What happened to our run-defense? If we can’t stop the run with Pierce, Williams, Suggs and Mosley something is wrong with either scheme, execution or motivation. 

Either way, it is the responsibility of Pees and Harbaugh!

... and Flacco looks like a QB with no real desire to win the game. There’s no sense of urgency and he happily takes the 6 yard check down. That’s not gonna cut it when we’re 15 points behind with 2 minutes left.

I wonder how he’d look if he was still playing on his rookie contract and without his SB ring?

5 minutes ago, Rein said:

... and Flacco looks like a QB with no real desire to win the game. There’s no sense of urgency and he happily takes the 6 yard check down. That’s not gonna cut it when we’re 15 points behind with 2 minutes left.

I wonder how he’d look if he was still playing on his rookie contract and without his SB ring?

Joe Cool

35 minutes ago, Danand said:

While Flacco doesn't play well, it still seems he can make the throws needed from him.

Now, what is, like, Mariottas excuse. Shouldn't he be the next big thing (who is about to lose to the browns)

I don't think we're in any position to criticize another team's QB, tbh. Besides, Mariota just let his team down the field to win the game, so....

So I'm interested to hear what the excuse will be this week for the run defense. We got Brandon Williams and Carl Davis back, but the same results against the run. So obviously the solution wasn't just to plug Brandon Williams in and everything will be okay, so can we PLEASE let that narrative die? It was lazy to begin with, and now it's proven false.

Offensively, beyond the terrible scheme and lack of any targets for Flacco, he looks really, really, really bad. Zero awareness, horrible footwork, bad mechanics, horrible accuracy, no pre-snap adjustments/callouts/recognition. I know he has nothing to work with, but my goodness, he just looks done and looks like he has no motivation to try at all.

Shoot, today you can't even point to drops, or penalties, or bad plays from the players - the Vikings knew every play that was coming at them. That goes back to the coordinator, but I doubt Marty will get any true accountability. Zimmer's defense read every play the entire game.

So what will our coaching staff look like next year? I'm hoping for Dennison as OC since he's the spiritual successor to my offensive savior, Gary Kubiak. Fraudy Mornhinwheg is pure garbage and I hate everything about this team. It's finally been expose that we used to win in spite of the coaching, and now that the talent isn't all the way there we're complete garbage. My QB doesn't even look like he's trying and it breaks my heart.

3 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

So what will our coaching staff look like next year? I'm hoping for Dennison as OC since he's the spiritual successor to my offensive savior, Gary Kubiak. Fraudy Mornhinwheg is pure garbage and I hate everything about this team. It's finally been expose that we used to win in spite of the coaching, and now that the talent isn't all the way there we're complete garbage. My QB doesn't even look like he's trying and it breaks my heart.

Well to be honest we have enough injuries on offense to excuse both the offensive woes and justify the underachieving defense, so....idk. At this point I can see us cleaning house or changing nothing at all and just shrugging our shoulders and blaming injuries.

Archived