GDT 2017: Week 7 - Ravens @ Vikings

drd23

4 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Well to be honest we have enough injuries on offense to excuse both the offensive woes and justify the underachieving defense, so....idk. At this point I can see us cleaning house or changing nothing at all and just shrugging our shoulders and blaming injuries.

I will go to 1 winning drive and choke the life out of Mr. Steve Bisciotti if he allows them to use the injury card again.

19 hours ago, Rein said:

The problem with Flacco playing behind an awful O-line is the fact that he is now forcing quick passes to avoid getting hit - which leads to a lot of wrong reads where his receivers are put in impossible situations. Throug 1st quarter we’ve already seen Wallace, Campanaro and Allan been thrown the ball with a defender in position to knock the **** out of them!

Just watched this. What should Flacco have done different on a slant pattern? He delivered the ball where it was supposed to be, Wallace was just unlucky with the hit.

8 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I will go to 1 winning drive and choke the life out of Mr. Steve Bisciotti if he allows them to use the injury card again.

Oh trust me I will, too. I'm just saying don't be surprised if that card gets used again, specifically to excuse another year of our defense significantly underperforming.

17 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

What a terrible, terrible team. Even the return of Brandon Williams can't cure all our ails.

FIRE SOMEONE!

Geez, and I thought these posts were reserved only for the NFC North!

The Ravens are still in it. Beat up Green Bay and Detroit and you'll be fine!

Good luck the rest of the way guys!

5 hours ago, Danand said:

Just watched this. What should Flacco have done different on a slant pattern? He delivered the ball where it was supposed to be, Wallace was just unlucky with the hit.

Every time opposing teams blitz Flacco he looks to hit quick hitting routes and checkdowns in order to get the ball out of his hands. 

However, in my opinion, I believe he should look further down the field and exploit 1-on-1 opportunities. Teams have figured out that they need to blitz and drive on all short passes. 

I do realise that the above is affected by his horrible O-line and lack of talent at WR so obviously not all the blame goes to Flacco.

9 minutes ago, Rein said:

Every time opposing teams blitz Flacco he looks to hit quick hitting routes and checkdowns in order to get the ball out of his hands. 

However, in my opinion, I believe he should look further down the field and exploit 1-on-1 opportunities. Teams have figured out that they need to blitz and drive on all short passes. 

I do realise that the above is affected by his horrible O-line and lack of talent at WR so obviously not all the blame goes to Flacco.

I think another solution, and to kind of expand on what you're saying here, is that if Flacco sees a blitz coming, why not max protect and take a deep shot?

He almost threw a pick six on the 3rd time he tried to throw that same slant pick pattern. You can't just keep going back to that same play over and over again. I know you've got nothing to work with at WR, but at least pick a matchup and tell a guy to go deep and take your shots. Honestly man, if we started just chucking balls down the field and failing, I'd be less upset because we'd be trying and a lot of the time you'll get DPI or holding or a completed catch, or something. Throwing 1 yard slant routes or check downs only to instantly get tackled is frustrating.

But again, this kind of goes back to scheme. We've got to have the plays and formations and personnel in place to capitalize on this, and right now I don't think we do.

Our offense is unwatchable. I'd rather have an awful defense than an awful offense. Seeing a two yard gain on first down, then an incomplete pass, and finally a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 8 is going to give me hypertension.

At least I have a few extra hours on Sunday's now.

12 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I don't know if Harbaugh's seat is warm but I do expect there to be bigger changes this offseason even with the injury excuse muddling things further. Steve basically said after last season that he's giving Harbs another chance to right the ship on his own and that if he didn't, then Bisciotti might revisit his 'hands off' mentality. Harbs doubled down on doing things 'his way' by keeping Marty and Pees and I'd have to think those decisions have both hurt his standing with Bisciotti. 

Or at least, that's my hope. On top of everything else though the main thing that will likely be front and center in Bisciotti's head are the empty seats at M&T and the palpable loss of enthusiasm that we're seeing from the fanbase. If anything encourages him to seek bigger changes it'll be that. 

3 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Our offense is unwatchable. I'd rather have an awful defense than an awful offense. Seeing a two yard gain on first down, then an incomplete pass, and finally a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 8 is going to give me hypertension.

At least I have a few extra hours on Sunday's now.

You've got it all wrong:

1st down: Run for 5 yards with Alex Collins

2nd down: Pass for 0 yards on a check down

3rd down: Some sort of ridiculous Joe Flacco sack where he runs into himself, runs into a sack, holds the ball for 30 seconds then sacks himself, or throws a 1 yard pass 

Punt.

I worked through the game yesterday, read all the comments in this thread last night, slept on it, worked again, and... still disgusted. I mean I didn't expect a win or anything different really. Definitely don't have the motivation to find the game elsewhere and watch it given the, uh, reviews. 

At this point the only thing worth anticipating is some kind of significant change somewhere. Coaching, scheme, depth chart reshuffling, anything really. It won't happen, and even if a coach is fired the same plays and concepts will be employed at this point in the season, but hey at least Harbaugh believes in "his" guys. 

17 hours ago, berlin calling said:

yep, can't expect this offense of nobodies to be a top 10 unit but you must expect your OC to adapt his scheme / play calling to his personell or maybe, just maybe even ask him to adjust come half time and he has 80 yds to show for one week of game planning.

That's my whole point, they might have a bunch of frauds, but Fraudy Mornhinweg isn't putting them in a position to succeed in my humble opinion. I could at least say "Hey, Marty gave them every chance to be good, but they're just scrubs" But I can't do that because he's a scrub himself, point blank. Same with Pees and forever will be. Don't care how much Suggs and friends go to bat for him. I know a scrublord when I see one, and he's that!

Archived