Quick & Painless GM Mock Draft

ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Nice pick @Packerraymond it was between him and Boogie for me.

Thanks, just been going BPA here for the Lions. Know they need receiving help, but I don't think they care if Goff fails as he's not their long term guy. Think they want the tank for a top QB next year. Might as well build a stout defense this year so they're ready to compete when they get their guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Thanks, just been going BPA here for the Lions. Know they need receiving help, but I don't think they care if Goff fails as he's not their long term guy. Think they want the tank for a top QB next year. Might as well build a stout defense this year so they're ready to compete when they get their guy.

Similar thinking with the Giants...If D. Jones doesn't work out at least they'll have a solid defense to build around.

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Wish we could develop a better system for moving the clock along, without the fear of it skipping people.

My suggestion was to do a live draft. Seen them on other platforms. Just two rounds over two nights live 10 minute slots. Most people don’t take the full 10 mins especially 2nd round. Doubt it works unless you reduce number of gms down but I’m sure enough dedicated posted could stay online for three hours over a Friday/Saturday.

fast paced so would be quite exciting. No time this year but could be fun for next right before the draft.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

My suggestion was to do a live draft. Seen them on other platforms. Just two rounds over two nights live 10 minute slots. Most people don’t take the full 10 mins especially 2nd round. Doubt it works unless you reduce number of gms down but I’m sure enough dedicated posted could stay online for three hours over a Friday/Saturday.

fast paced so would be quite exciting. No time this year but could be fun for next right before the draft.

I think the only way this works is if what you said about a reduced GM count. 

I was thinking about doing something like a fantasy football draft, where you create big board (rankings) early on and if you aren't there to make your pick it's auto picked based on your big board.  Only knock really for either of these options is trades would be reduced and would need to get worked out before hand.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I think the only way this works is if what you said about a reduced GM count. 

I was thinking about doing something like a fantasy football draft, where you create big board (rankings) early on and if you aren't there to make your pick it's auto picked based on your big board.  Only knock really for either of these options is trades would be reduced and would need to get worked out before hand.

Yeah I think if people miss this could work but prefer people make their own pick. Even better would be having a commish. I submit my pick to Commish and they announce it with pictures and comments. I know my ideas are a little out there and probably not realistic but would be fun. Would need a super committed commish too.

Just now, mountainpd said:

Yeah I think if people miss this could work but prefer people make their own pick. Even better would be having a commish. I submit my pick to Commish and they announce it with pictures and comments. I know my ideas are a little out there and probably not realistic but would be fun. Would need a super committed commish too.

This would work too, you know I'm always going to lean toward the workbooks mainly because it's what I do best.  Whichever one of us that are assigned to maintaining the workbook, could post the pick w/ images.  

Either way it goes we'd need to work out the potential variables.  For example, when we agree to trades dependent upon if certain players are still on the board, little things to iron out.