Quick & Painless GM Mock Draft

ny92mike

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I know in previous games like this if u were on within 3 it didn't matter on the time slot u had like 40 mins to make it or skip

You saying that once your team is OTC you had 40 minutes to make the pick?  If so, thought about this earlier only issue I see with this is the tag wouldn't be something we could use to notify members.  People forget to do this a lot or mistakenly tag the wrong GM.  

Google forms/sheets have add ons that could actually auto email members once they are OTC.  It's been a long time since I messed with this and certainly things to iron out with it, but it has potential.

Edited by ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

You saying that once your team is OTC you had 40 minutes to make the pick?  If so, thought about this earlier only issue I see with this is the tag wouldn't be something we could use to notify members.  People forget to do this a lot or mistakenly tag the wrong GM.  

Google forms/sheets have add ons that could actually auto email members once they are OTC.  It's been a long time since I messed with this and certainly things to iron out with it, but it has potential.

Yep regardless of the time slot.  We also happened to have walls so people would notify on that as well. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

We had user profiles where people could leave like visitor messages

Gotcha...There might be something like this available in the chat room discord, I'll see what I can find out.  Regardless we'd still need some form of individual big boards as we might not be able to break away to make the pick.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

This would work too, you know I'm always going to lean toward the workbooks mainly because it's what I do best.  Whichever one of us that are assigned to maintaining the workbook, could post the pick w/ images.  

Either way it goes we'd need to work out the potential variables.  For example, when we agree to trades dependent upon if certain players are still on the board, little things to iron out.

I know I may be over simplifying things but a tick sheet as interested to trade up or not. So people don’t wait on offers or a offer presented for consideration. Sometimes I propose trade offers and wait holding up clock in case the team accepts when they are not interested or don’t bother responding, I try and keep it moving but is frustrating when we are ahead of clock and then it is slowed right down as someone gets an extra 4 hours etc.  My interest in trading up or down is normally based on one player or a change in scenario due to a run at a certain position so would consider both.

I'm interested to see how these later round timeslots workout, 30 & 20 minute slots will obviously speed things up.  We've always allowed for longer times for earlier rounds to allow for trades and additional time to discuss with war rooms on which pick to make, I've just never really felt that this additional time was needed.  Guys that trade more than I would be able to say more on this but from my experience trades are getting worked out earlier.

10 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I know I may be over simplifying things but a tick sheet as interested to trade up or not. So people don’t wait on offers or a offer presented for consideration. Sometimes I propose trade offers and wait holding up clock in case the team accepts when they are not interested or don’t bother responding, I try and keep it moving but is frustrating when we are ahead of clock and then it is slowed right down as someone gets an extra 4 hours etc.  My interest in trading up or down is normally based on one player or a change in scenario due to a run at a certain position so would consider both.

I get it... there are times when people hold it up to force a trade just to get it moving again.

tcmd used something similar to let everyone know if they were willing to move down, not sure how much that really helped.  I mentioned previously about setting up a process where GM's could propose their trade up package that the OTC team or others could view and accept when OTC.  Thoughts on something like this?  

Edited by ny92mike

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I get it... there are times when people hold it up to force a trade just to get it moving again.

tcmd used something similar to let everyone know if they were willing to move down, not sure how much that really helped.  I mentioned previously about setting up a process where GM's could propose their trade up package that the OTC team or others could view and accept when OTC.  Thoughts on something like this?  

An independent person could manage this but a lot of work. I do think most people are honest on trades and could just share with a n other based on player availability.

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

An independent person could manage this but a lot of work. I do think most people are honest on trades and could just share with a n other based on player availability.

Not sure I'm following you with the honesty on trades,  What I'm suggesting is something like what I've done with the trade block in the doc.  But custom fitted for proposing trade options to OTC teams.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure I'm following you with the honesty on trades,  What I'm suggesting is something like what I've done with the trade block in the doc.  But custom fitted for proposing trade options to OTC teams.

A couple of years ago we use to see trades posted and then arguments on agreements, haven’t seen this for ages.

hence people agree and less risk of pulling out.