Quick & Painless GM Mock Draft

ny92mike

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Needless to say I regret taking a tackle in round 1, the board stayed strong there while really dissolving at CB, EDGE and ILB.

Pick 62 can be had via trade, there's still plenty of value to be had, but we're pretty good at those positions.

Too big of a jump for me, sadly

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Bottom of the second round, Bills couldn't pass on drafting Nixon...freaking beast.

Really nice pick, was between him and Onwuzurike for the Browns. Nixon has the higher ceiling but I wanted the more sure thing and the guy who I thought could make more of an impact right now.

This is why you can't mock draft while busy. I jumped on yesterday morning real quick to pick for the Bengals before running off to this thing I had to take care of. Picked Elijah Moore, felt good about it. Am just realizing this morning that I picked Ja'Marr Chase for them in the first...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

This is why you can't mock draft while busy. I jumped on yesterday morning real quick to pick for the Bengals before running off to this thing I had to take care of. Picked Elijah Moore, felt good about it. Am just realizing this morning that I picked Ja'Marr Chase for them in the first...

And thus I traded up for Eichenberg. Which I'm ok with. I would've taken him over the other OTs taken since my last pick anyways and didn't have to give up too much to get him. Eichenberg should slide in at RT immediately, allowing Riley Reiff to then move to the interior. And now Joe Burrow has better protection and some better receiving options. 

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

And thus I traded up for Eichenberg. Which I'm ok with. I would've taken him over the other OTs taken since my last pick anyways and didn't have to give up too much to get him. Eichenberg should slide in at RT immediately, allowing Riley Reiff to then move to the interior. And now Joe Burrow has better protection and some better receiving options. 

Yeah if I knew I was getting Liam at 62, I would've taken Barmore or Stokes at 29. That's great value.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Hear you there. My job really only distracts me from these for about 2 hours/day. But it always seems like the ideal spot to trade up or down lands right in that time frame. 

Would ideally have traded down from 54. Checked in a couple times Saturday. Were at pick 48 last I checked. Stumbled across a bit of a flood in our basement, and next thing I know we’ve been waiting on my pick for 2 hours. Felt so shi++y (and mentally distracted) I picked before I even noticed an open offer I probably would’ve taken. 

Mad The Missing GIF by STARZ

• Like 1

It’s okay though. Of 4 mocks I will have repped Indy in this might be the only one I come away with Tylan Wallace in. I do love his tape. Looks like an Alpha to me. 

Real life I think my ideal scenario for them is any of J.Horn, Farley, J.Phillips, or Paye at 21, then Eichenberg at 54.

Unfortunately in first two mocks I did Eich was gone by 54. Sure enough I pull the trigger on T. Jenkins at 21 in this thing and guess who’s staring at me at 54. LoL

@BucsDraftGeek47

Meinerz was one of 4 names I considered with Colts at 54. But I took T.Jenkins in first, and with no 3rd rounder I couldn't justify going back-to-back OL. 

We have actually interviewed him. I think most teams have. I'd be happy to get him IRL. Probably most fans feel that way about now. He's a feel-good story with seemingly a game to match. 

But on that note, I find it interesting when you look into who teams have interviewed that it seems every year there's maybe 12-16 names who seem to have interviewed with everyone, a third of whom are projected UDFA's, while a few guys you're intrigued by are reported to have only interviewed with 3 or less teams. I feel like that's just players or agents handling things differently. I don't want to name drop so I'll use Meinerz and Tylan Wallace as examples. Meinerz is reported to have interviewed with probably 20+ teams, while I'm ball parking Wallace's interviews at 5 or less. That can't be accurate. But every year that's how it seems, at least on those sites that report those things. At the risk of name dropping, Conner Wedington! I have not heard him mentioned in any mock, but on the sites reporting meetings he must have met with 10+ teams. And there's more guys like that. If a guy had the time to go team site to team site and check the interviews maybe he would get a clearer picture, I'm not sure. But it's something that has often jumped out to me. 

24 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

@BucsDraftGeek47

Meinerz was one of 4 names I considered with Colts at 54. But I took T.Jenkins in first, and with no 3rd rounder I couldn't justify going back-to-back OL. 

We have actually interviewed him. I think most teams have. I'd be happy to get him IRL. Probably most fans feel that way about now. He's a feel-good story with seemingly a game to match. 

But on that note, I find it interesting when you look into who teams have interviewed that it seems every year there's maybe 12-16 names who seem to have interviewed with everyone, a third of whom are projected UDFA's, while a few guys you're intrigued by are reported to have only interviewed with 3 or less teams. I feel like that's just players or agents handling things differently. I don't want to name drop so I'll use Meinerz and Tylan Wallace as examples. Meinerz is reported to have interviewed with probably 20+ teams, while I'm ball parking Wallace's interviews at 5 or less. That can't be accurate. But every year that's how it seems, at least on those sites that report those things. At the risk of name dropping, Conner Wedington! I have not heard him mentioned in any mock, but on the sites reporting meetings he must have met with 10+ teams. And there's more guys like that. If a guy had the time to go team site to team site and check the interviews maybe he would get a clearer picture, I'm not sure. But it's something that has often jumped out to me. 

I dont think the Bucs have interviewed Meinerz,  but he is the prototypical Licht OLineman (ala Marpet, Cappa)

Before the draft process kicked off I was hoping we could get him in the 3rd or 4th but now he's projected way higher

It was between him and 1 of my other favorite guys (won't name drop) but I Went with Meinerz bc I don't think there are too many great OL guys that'll be left in the late 3rd

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
Now that he's picked , I'll just say I was between Meinerz & Javontae
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I dont think the Bucs have interviewed Meinerz,  but he is the prototypical Licht OLineman (ala Marpet, Cappa)

Before the draft process kicked off I was hoping we could get him in the 3rd or 4th but now he's projected way higher

It was between him and 1 of my other favorite guys (won't name drop) but I Went with Meinerz bc I don't think there are too many great OL guys that'll be left in the late 3rd

I knew as soon as the last whistle at the senior bowl that Meinerz was going to be one of those "late risers". Maybe the NFL already knew and us as fans were late catching on. Maybe they didn't. But after that week I was sure he'd never make it past 70. It was pretty damn impressive. And he's got character to boot. 

• Like 1