Quick & Painless GM Mock Draft

ny92mike

2 hours ago, mountainpd said:

You and I like a lot of the same prospects. I love Jenkins and almost now want Dolphins to draft him. I see a RT though.

good draft overall but that LT gap if jenkins couldn’t move across is the only ?

Thanks! Real team hedged their bets a bit by signing Sam Tevi and Julién Davenport.

One other option being floated is moving our steady current RT Braden Smith over to the left side. 

Fun sidenote: I’ve handled Colts in 4 collabs this year. Ended up with:

Dillon Radunz / Jalen Mayfield / Teven Jenkins / Liam Eichenberg 

in one each. My ideal scenario for Colts is trade back between 25-38 somewhere and take Eichenberg. It is a bit easier to project left to left so that helps. 

Los Angeles Rams

2.25 Kelvin Joseph / Cornerback / Kentucky 

3.28 Quincy Roche / Edge Rusher / Miami

3.39 Ihmir Smith-Marsette / WR / Iowa

4.36 James Wiggins / S / Cincinnati

5.34 Alaric Jackson / OT / Iowa

7.24 Grant Stuard / LB / Houston 

7.28 Tedarrell Slaton / DL / Florida

Quick Breakdown: Keep in mind we had no 1st rounder (Stafford). This team lacks resources; their cap space and draft capital are both low after living Superbowl or bust for years. Their depth is starting to suffer also. I had to keep the Superbowl or bust theme in mind. Picks like Roche, Smith-Marsette, and Slaton speak to this. They need options there to help this team compete with playoff-caliber teams right now. You have to rush the passer, and this offense needs to stay fast and creative.

Picks like Kelvin Joseph, Wiggins, and Alaric Jackson walk a fine line. Their cap situation means they'll struggle to keep talent going forward. Joseph I believe can play for cheap alongside Jalen Ramsey for the next couple years and is good insurance if an injury strikes Ramsey or Darious Williams sooner. I personally think Joseph might be the most under-rated CB in this class. Surprised he isn't mentioned as a fringe first rounder. Alaric Jackson is depth for now, but might be able to push for a starting position in 2022 if Whitworth retires or even at Guard if he shows he's capable. Wiggins is probably a valuable third safety and can play the slot with some ability. I like his attitude a lot. Stuard is depth at a thin position this team just doesn't seem to value highly. He'll immediately help out on special teams and I love the kid's attitude. He's all energy. The Rams have interviewed him more than once. Also interviewed Smith-Marsette for sure.

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 1

My drafts are done:

Cincinnati Bengals
1.5 - Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
2.6 - Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
2.30 - Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
4.30 - Cameron Sample, EDGE, Tulane
5.5 - Tre'McKitty, TE, Georgia
6.6 - Darius Stills, INT, West Virginia
6.18 - Drake Jackson, C, Kentucky

My obvious mix up in the 2nd aside I'm happy with this. Eichenberg is likely who I would have taken atop the 2nd if I hadn't forgotten I'd taken Chase so getting him at the bottom of the 2nd is something I'm ok with. He and Reiff can battle it out for the RT spot and the loser moves inside to fill a guard spot. Jackson could hopefully provide some competition on the interior as well. I provided Burrow with plenty of weapons on offense so if the OL improves and these weapons pan out, this offense could be potent.

Cleveland Browns
1.26 - Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State
2.27 - Levi Onwuzurike, INT, Washington
3.17 - Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas
3.25 - Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
4.5 - Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
5.25 - Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma
7.3 - Ta'Quon Graham, INT, Texas
7.29 - Amen Ogbongbemiga, LB, Oklahoma State

Went big time on the defense for the Browns here as they really don't have a ton of offensive needs. Loved getting Onwuzurike in the 2nd as I think he could potentially be a first rounder in real life. As for Oweh, this is a great spot for him as he can sit behind Clowney for a year and learn. This is definitely a big time upside gamble kind of draft with guys like Oweh, Rochell, and Williams but it could turn out awesome in a few years.

Baltimore Ravens
1.27 - Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
2.26 - Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
4.8 - Bobby Brown III, INT, Texas A&M
4.9 - Elerson Smith, EDGE, Northern Iowa
5.40 - Jared Hocker, OT/OG, Texas A&M
6.7 - Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State
6.26 - D.J. Daniel, CB, Georgia

This is probably my favorite draft out of the three I did. Dickerson is one of my favorite players in the draft. Dyami Brown is going to be a great player and I think will fit that offense well with his ability to attack all levels of the field. Brown and Smith in the 4th are two big high-upside swings but I like both and their potential to bolster the front seven. Hocker is a guy I like who can be a solid OL.

• Like 2

Two drafts completed.

Vikings

14 - Rashawn Slater - LT - Northwestern

78 - Andre Cisco - S - Syracuse 

90 - Rashad Weaver - DE - Pittsburgh

119 - Aaron Banks - G - Notre Dame

125 - Cam McGrone - LB - Michigan

134 - Jaelon Darden - WR - North Texas

142 - Ar’Darius Washington - S - TCU

143 - Josh Palmer - WR - Tennessee 

157 - Marlon Tuipulotu - DT - USC

Dolphins

6 - Kyle Pitts - TE - Florida

28 - Najee Harris - RB - Alabama

35 - Creed Humphrey - C - Oklahoma

56 - Joe Tryon - Edge - Washington 

60 - Jalen Mayfield - RT - Michigan

91 - Amon-Ra St.Brown - WR - USC

108 - Tyree Gillespie - S - Missouri 

132 - OSA Odighizuwa - DT - UCLA

211 - Monty Rice - LB - Georgia

258 - Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR - Illinois

• Like 3

Mentioned it a couple of times but just putting it out there one more time to see if we could get it done.

Live mock. 1 or preferably 2 rounds, everyone would need to be available for set period as clock starts as soon as previous pick is made with say 10 minute time slots. unachievable to be shorter IMO. I think this could be done in about 4 hours. I appreciate it may limit trades or trades would have to be pre negotiated.

Would only work if we had 6 or more dedicated people with free time, would love to have a commissioner too who we could submit pick to with a ‘the pick is in’ factor and the commissioner posting the pick but that maybe blue sky thinking.

With hope rather than expectation could do from

6pm ET Wednesday?

9 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Mentioned it a couple of times but just putting it out there one more time to see if we could get it done.

Live mock. 1 or preferably 2 rounds, everyone would need to be available for set period as clock starts as soon as previous pick is made with say 10 minute time slots. unachievable to be shorter IMO. I think this could be done in about 4 hours. I appreciate it may limit trades or trades would have to be pre negotiated.

Would only work if we had 6 or more dedicated people with free time, would love to have a commissioner too who we could submit pick to with a ‘the pick is in’ factor and the commissioner posting the pick but that maybe blue sky thinking.

With hope rather than expectation could do from

6pm ET Wednesday?

I feel like this isnt feasible on the boards and would almost assuredly need off site chat

Atlanta

9 Patrick Surtain

18 Kwity Paye

71 Aaron Robinson

182 Rhamondre Stevenson

183 Shaka Toney

187 Jamie Newman

219 Dan Moore

Tampa Bay

32 Joseph Ossai

64 Quinn Meinerz

95 Jay Tufele

118 Talanoa Hufanga

159 Chris Rumph

251 Marco Wilson

259 Jake Funk

gotta say i loved the draft for both teams i selected for

Atlanta got my 2 favorite players in the whole draft in Surtain and Paye, but Robinson was a great value at 71

then Stevenson comes in and competes with Davis, with Toney being a developmental LB, Newman gets to sit behind Ryan and Moore was just a depth pick on the OLine

For Tampa it wasnt as glamorous but Ossai comes in and learns behind Shaq & JPP combo and still contributes on occasional passing downs

Meinerz can be depth along the entire line and could start next year

Tufele is an ox and great depth behind Suh and Gholston

Hufanga could see some nickle and dime reps while mainly contributing on Special teams

Rumph could be a major steal in the 5th

WIlson was just a dart throw for depth

Funky Funk would probably go UDFA but i liked him enough to make him MR IRRELEVANT, could play FB, HB, TE?! idk just think  he could stick on SP and cut in a slight role down the line

all in all i loved it for both squads and i hope i made Atlantians proud too

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Atlanta

9 Patrick Surtain

18 Kwity Paye

71 Aaron Robinson

182 Rhamondre Stevenson

183 Shaka Toney

187 Jamie Newman

219 Dan Moore

Tampa Bay

32 Joseph Ossai

64 Quinn Meinerz

95 Jay Tufele

118 Talanoa Hufanga

159 Chris Rumph

251 Marco Wilson

259 Jake Funk

gotta say i loved the draft for both teams i selected for

Atlanta got my 2 favorite players in the whole draft in Surtain and Paye, but Robinson was a great value at 71

then Stevenson comes in and competes with Davis, with Toney being a developmental LB, Newman gets to sit behind Ryan and Moore was just a depth pick on the OLine

For Tampa it wasnt as glamorous but Ossai comes in and learns behind Shaq & JPP combo and still contributes on occasional passing downs

Meinerz can be depth along the entire line and could start next year

Tufele is an ox and great depth behind Suh and Gholston

Hufanga could see some nickle and dime reps while mainly contributing on Special teams

Rumph could be a major steal in the 5th

WIlson was just a dart throw for depth

Funky Funk would probably go UDFA but i liked him enough to make him MR IRRELEVANT, could play FB, HB, TE?! idk just think  he could stick on SP and cut in a slight role down the line

all in all i loved it for both squads and i hope i made Atlantians proud too

Really like the Falcons draft