Jump to content

Charges to be filed against DT Aaron Donald


Recommended Posts

Didn't hit a woman, didn't rape/sexually assault a woman. This should be a minimum suspension if any. Once the details come out on why the altercation started it will help shape the issue.

Would love to see a judge look at the prosecutor and say "Why was your client having a confrontation with AARON DONALD? Case dismissed."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets not be those fans. Sure we can wait to see all the information, but Aaron Donald, the man who trains with knives*, shouldnt ever be putting hands on anyone.

So unless this other guy was putting his hands on a woman, or was putting Donald/others in a life threatening situation, theres no excuse to do this, so lets not be apologists.

You can still cheer for him, and admit he was being an idiot and was wrong

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Lets not be those fans. Sure we can wait to see all the information, but Aaron Donald, the man who trains with knives*, shouldnt ever be putting hands on anyone.

So unless this other guy was putting his hands on a woman, or was putting Donald/others in a life threatening situation, theres no excuse to do this, so lets not be apologists.

You can still cheer for him, and admit he was being an idiot and was wrong

Dont really get why waiting for more information is a bad thing. We don’t know what happened. Aaron Donald never has his name in the news and has never been in any trouble. I think he deserves benefit of the doubt. 
 

That said, he was on the south side of Pittsburg and it was very late.. Tons of bars and tons of things like this happen all the time there. I find it hard to believe AD just decked someone for no reason but who knows. Hope it was nothing more than someone knowing who AD was and was trying to make some money. Wouldn’t surprise me. But if AD did F up.. then he F’d up and he will deal with consequences. End of story. Dont pick a fight with AD if you don’t want to get destroyed. Only thing I HEARD was AD was bumped into and that’s how it started. If that’s the case then yeah he for sure screwed up. 
 

Also can we stop with the whole “fighting with knives” stuff? It’s so stupid to ever bring that up in any conversation considering they weren’t even real and completely harmless. I know that’s probably why you put the * on there but still makes no difference in this whole thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Dont really get why waiting for more information is a bad thing. We don’t know what happened. Aaron Donald never has his name in the news and has never been in any trouble. I think he deserves benefit of the doubt. 

Its not a bad thing at all. In fact we should all be doing more of that these days. But unless these accusations are 100% made up (the picture of the guys face would suggest something happened) or AD was defending a helpless 3rd party (woman or elderly) or this guy was some how putting him in potential serious harm, there should be absolutely no defending what happened.

Even if the other guy started it, and AD is completely clear legally (jail time/lawsuit) we shouldnt be sweeping things under the rug as fans. He most likely messed up, and we can acknowledge that fact, not condone this type of thing, and still cheer for him as a football player. Im not saying its despicable or anything like that, but you can already see the excuse making going on, and that just never sits right with me

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its not a bad thing at all. In fact we should all be doing more of that these days. But unless these accusations are 100% made up (the picture of the guys face would suggest something happened) or AD was defending a helpless 3rd party (woman or elderly) or this guy was some how putting him in potential serious harm, there should be absolutely no defending what happened.

Even if the other guy started it, and AD is completely clear legally (jail time/lawsuit) we shouldnt be sweeping things under the rug as fans. He most likely messed up, and we can acknowledge that fact, not condone this type of thing, and still cheer for him as a football player. Im not saying its despicable or anything like that, but you can already see the excuse making going on, and that just never sits right with me

Ahhhh I see. I definitely agree. It’s very hard to be the bigger person when you are in the right. Especially a guy like AD who knows he’s a big star. He needs to be smarter  and unless it came down to defending himself/someone else I’d say he blew this one. Even if it WAS deserved. I won’t lie I’m a little surprised it’s AD lol didn’t think he was much of a drinker. 
 

he also isn’t very intimidating in person. If the other dude didn’t know who he was, he was definitely in for a bit of a surprise lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Ahhhh I see. I definitely agree. It’s very hard to be the bigger person when you are in the right. Especially a guy like AD who knows he’s a big star. He needs to be smarter  and unless it came down to defending himself/someone else I’d say he blew this one. Even if it WAS deserved. I won’t lie I’m a little surprised it’s AD lol didn’t think he was much of a drinker. 
 

he also isn’t very intimidating in person. If the other dude didn’t know who he was, he was definitely in for a bit of a surprise lol

Nothing good ever happens at 3-4am. Would of been good for his "team" to keep him out of these situations entirely, but at the end of the day, we're all human and professional athletes are tested by the public everyday. It will be very interesting to see what other information comes out or video tapes outside the club were able to catch.

If Aaron Donald can't be recognized in a club in PITTSBURGH wearing 100K worth of jewelry then this man had vision problems before Donald broke his eye socket. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its not a bad thing at all. In fact we should all be doing more of that these days. But unless these accusations are 100% made up (the picture of the guys face would suggest something happened) or AD was defending a helpless 3rd party (woman or elderly) or this guy was some how putting him in potential serious harm, there should be absolutely no defending what happened.

Even if the other guy started it, and AD is completely clear legally (jail time/lawsuit) we shouldnt be sweeping things under the rug as fans. He most likely messed up, and we can acknowledge that fact, not condone this type of thing, and still cheer for him as a football player. Im not saying its despicable or anything like that, but you can already see the excuse making going on, and that just never sits right with me

Honestly, literally the only knock on AD is that he sometimes loses his temper in a game costing us a bad penalty. It's something he definitely needs to work on, but I'm not too worried about a bar fight. He should be able to move past these types of things at this point but these situations happen. 

Not to mention, I'd bet he was baited by this guy. Everything from "he bumped into AD" to his attorney saying "well what happened in the club before the fight really doesn't matter" screams that this dude instigated it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Not to mention, I'd bet he was baited by this guy. Everything from "he bumped into AD" to his attorney saying "well what happened in the club before the fight really doesn't matter" screams that this dude instigated it. 

Again, this is making excuses for him. I didnt say we should shun him or cut him or anything crazy, just stop making excuses for adults. If this was Joe Schmoe in accounting, we'd all be looking at him like he was a real jerk, but hes a football player, on our team, so this always leaks into the back end of a comment. 

He is the best player on an NFL franchise, potentially the best player in an entire professional sports league, you HAVE TO be better than this. I dont care if he cursed you up and down Main Street, its some clown in a club, and you shouldnt be assaulting someone over some trivial bs

This is my entire point, so many come with "Im not worried about one fight" or "atleast he didnt hit/assault a woman" and while those all might be true statements in this specific vacuum, thats the wrong way to go about this. And this wont end ADs career, or even hardly impact it, this is the exactl slippery slope on how we ended up at Ray Rice in an Elevator. And if you think Im going overboard there, then you are he problem.

Its like we (as a sports fan culture) cant help ourselves in some how justifying these actions as palatable, and they shouldnt be in any walk of life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Again, this is making excuses for him. I didnt say we should shun him or cut him or anything crazy, just stop making excuses for adults. If this was Joe Schmoe in accounting, we'd all be looking at him like he was a real jerk, but hes a football player, on our team, so this always leaks into the back end of a comment. 

He is the best player on an NFL franchise, potentially the best player in an entire professional sports league, you HAVE TO be better than this. I dont care if he cursed you up and down Main Street, its some clown in a club, and you shouldnt be assaulting someone over some trivial bs

This is my entire point, so many come with "Im not worried about one fight" or "atleast he didnt hit/assault a woman" and while those all might be true statements in this specific vacuum, thats the wrong way to go about this. And this wont end ADs career, or even hardly impact it, this is the exactl slippery slope on how we ended up at Ray Rice in an Elevator. And if you think Im going overboard there, then you are he problem.

Its like we (as a sports fan culture) cant help ourselves in some how justifying these actions as palatable, and they shouldnt be in any walk of life.

That's not entirely true. If my coworker or friend did this, I'd immediately try to figure out what the cause was. There are certain situations where you need to stand your ground or defend yourself/others (not saying that is this case if it was just bumping into each other). You can't just look at the end result and disregard why it happened. 

Now if you are saying that he has to be held to a higher standard than Joe Schmoe because of his status, then I can get behind that. Even if this guy did bait him, AD should be able to see that coming and act accordingly. As a public figure and the leader of the team, he should be able to use better judgement in these kinds of situations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Again, this is making excuses for him. I didnt say we should shun him or cut him or anything crazy, just stop making excuses for adults. If this was Joe Schmoe in accounting, we'd all be looking at him like he was a real jerk, but hes a football player, on our team, so this always leaks into the back end of a comment. 

He is the best player on an NFL franchise, potentially the best player in an entire professional sports league, you HAVE TO be better than this. I dont care if he cursed you up and down Main Street, its some clown in a club, and you shouldnt be assaulting someone over some trivial bs

This is my entire point, so many come with "Im not worried about one fight" or "atleast he didnt hit/assault a woman" and while those all might be true statements in this specific vacuum, thats the wrong way to go about this. And this wont end ADs career, or even hardly impact it, this is the exactl slippery slope on how we ended up at Ray Rice in an Elevator. And if you think Im going overboard there, then you are he problem.

Its like we (as a sports fan culture) cant help ourselves in some how justifying these actions as palatable, and they shouldnt be in any walk of life.

🙋‍♂️  If that makes me part of the problem, I have ZERO issues being a part of the problem. Because the fact that you're even mentioning Ray Rice in the same breath as Aaron Donald in regards to this off the field situation is over dramaticizing to the point of absurdity when we have less than half the information we need to pass judgement.

These guys are are jacked up on testosterone, CTE, and confidence in being the best athletes in the world. All we know is someone stepped to AD and he handled it.  I agree that he shouldn't of been out at a club at 3-4am, but the rest is two people acting on animal instincts. And to be clear, this applies to any player in the NFL, so my fandom is removed. 

 

"When I see the headline 'Ray Rice punches girlfriend', I actually read 'Football Player does Football at the wrong time'."-Neal Brennan

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...