Browns sign DE Jadeveon Clowney (1 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m really hoping it’s because he had to due to injuries. But I’m not confident it is. 

It was definitely injuries.  He wants to run a big nickel base with lots of dime mixed in.  Very little reliance on line backers.

last year we just didn’t have the secondary at all so we ran a more traditional base 4/3 and he had to try to play safe/prevent way too often instead of disguising out looks.

11 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It's still so cognitively dissonant for top free agents to want to come to Cleveland, but I can get used to it.

Clowney signing here legitimizes the Browns, and certifies their arrival into the upper echelon of NFL teams.

Honestly I think Johnson did that.

Legit stud, not a guy on a one year prove it deal, signing immediately for a deal that by any measurement would be considered a bargain.

24 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It's still so cognitively dissonant for top free agents to want to come to Cleveland, but I can get used to it.

Clowney signing here legitimizes the Browns, and certifies their arrival into the upper echelon of NFL teams.

Don't go and say that in the NFL News forum.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I agree, very cognitively dissonant. Maybe the cognitivliest dissonanting thing ever.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:50 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Honestly I think Johnson did that.

Legit stud, not a guy on a one year prove it deal, signing immediately for a deal that by any measurement would be considered a bargain.

Not really a household name though, but it was definitely the first sign this offseason that things would be different. 

• Like 1