Jump to content

Browns sign DE Jadeveon Clowney (1 year deal)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not new, just being used more and in a more extreme manner.

It's a tool that is tailor-made for this situation, with the cap experiencing a one year dip. Probably won't be as prevalent in future years with a higher cap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m really hoping it’s because he had to due to injuries. But I’m not confident it is. 

It was definitely injuries.  He wants to run a big nickel base with lots of dime mixed in.  Very little reliance on line backers.

last year we just didn’t have the secondary at all so we ran a more traditional base 4/3 and he had to try to play safe/prevent way too often instead of disguising out looks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still so cognitively dissonant for top free agents to want to come to Cleveland, but I can get used to it.

Clowney signing here legitimizes the Browns, and certifies their arrival into the upper echelon of NFL teams.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It's still so cognitively dissonant for top free agents to want to come to Cleveland, but I can get used to it.

Clowney signing here legitimizes the Browns, and certifies their arrival into the upper echelon of NFL teams.

Honestly I think Johnson did that.

Legit stud, not a guy on a one year prove it deal, signing immediately for a deal that by any measurement would be considered a bargain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It's still so cognitively dissonant for top free agents to want to come to Cleveland, but I can get used to it.

Clowney signing here legitimizes the Browns, and certifies their arrival into the upper echelon of NFL teams.

Don't go and say that in the NFL News forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

It's still so cognitively dissonant for top free agents to want to come to Cleveland, but I can get used to it.

Clowney signing here legitimizes the Browns, and certifies their arrival into the upper echelon of NFL teams.

I agree, very cognitively dissonant. Maybe the cognitivliest dissonanting thing ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 12:50 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Honestly I think Johnson did that.

Legit stud, not a guy on a one year prove it deal, signing immediately for a deal that by any measurement would be considered a bargain.

Not really a household name though, but it was definitely the first sign this offseason that things would be different. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Not really a household name though, but it was definitely the first sign this offseason that things would be different. 

I guess I meant in league circles more than with the casual fan, but yeah, he’s not a well known “star”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...