Flip Flop Mock 2.0 - *Trigger Warning* Large trades

aldashex86

Flip Flop Mock 2.0. Eric has odds, Alex has evens. Big trades. Bring the hate. 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars
Trevor Lawrence
QB, Clemson

2. New York Jets
Zach Wilson
QB, BYU

3. San Francisco 49ers
Trey Lance
QB, North Dakota State

**TRADE**

Chicago gets: #4

Atlanta gets: #20, #83, #228, 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 1st

4. Chicago Bears
Justin Fields
QB, Ohio State

5. Cincinnati Bengals
Ja'Marr Chase
WR, LSU

6. Miami Dolphins
Kyle Pitts
TE, Florida

**TRADE**

LA Chargers get: #7

Detroit gets: #13, #77, 2022 1st

7. Los Angeles Chargers
Penei Sewell
OT, Oregon

8. Carolina Panthers
Patrick Surtain II
CB, Alabama

**TRADE**

New England gets: #9

Denver gets: #15, #130, #122, 2022 2nd

9. New England Patriots
Mac Jones
QB, Alabama

**TRADE**

Baltimore gets: #10

Dallas gets: #27, #58, 2022 1st and 2022 3rd

10. Baltimore Ravens
DeVonta Smith
WR, Alabama

11. New York Giants
Jaycee Horn
CB, South Carolina

12. Philadelphia Eagles
Jaylen Waddle
WR, Alabama

13. Detroit Lions
Christian Darrisaw
OT, Virginia Tech

14. Minnesota Vikings
Rashawn Slater
OT, Northwestern

15. Denver Broncos
Micah Parsons
LB, Penn State

16.Arizona Cardinals
Caleb Farley
CB, Virginia Tech

17. Las Vegas Raiders
Teven Jenkins
OT, Oklahoma State

18. Miami Dolphins
Jaelan Phillips
EDGE, Miami

19. Washington Football Team
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
LB, Notre Dame

20. Atlanta Falcons
Kwity Paye
EDGE, Michigan

21. Indianapolis Colts
Samuel Cosmi
OT, Texas

22. Tennessee Titans
Rashod Bateman
WR, Minnesota

23. New York Jets
Azeez Ojulari
EDGE, Georgia

24. Pittsburgh Steelers
Najee Harris
RB, Alabama

25. Jacksonville Jaguars
Trevon Moehrig
S, TCU

26. Cleveland Browns
Jamin Davis
LB, Kentucky

27. Dallas Cowboys
Christian Barmore
IDL, Alabama

28. New Orleans Saints
Kadarius Toney
WR, Florida

29. Green Bay Packers
Alijah Vera-Tucker
IOL, USC

30. Buffalo Bills
Greg Newsome II
CB, Northwestern

31. Kansas City Chiefs
Liam Eichenberg
OT, Notre Dame

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jayson Oweh
EDGE, Penn State

• Like 1

I think im ok with this for the Falcons we get a ton of picks and still get a pretty solid top 15 player at Edge Rusher.  Not sure how well Paye fits as a 3-4 olb but the talent is there as a player for sure.   If Paye doesn't fit Peas system then one of  Moehrig at FS or Harris at RB would be more than fine as well.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, aldashex86 said:

Chicago gets: #4

Atlanta gets: #20, #83, #228, 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 1st

This trade is ridicules for a team with so many holes. You only do this if its Lawrence and Wilson.   The other QBs have holes in there games.

Yes I know all players have holes but everyone know that Lawrence and Wilson the two elite QB in the draft. Also SF can do this at this point they are in completely different situations.

8 hours ago, m haynes said:

This trade is ridicules for a team with so many holes. You only do this if its Lawrence and Wilson.   The other QBs have holes in there games.

Yes I know all players have holes but everyone know that Lawrence and Wilson the two elite QB in the draft. Also SF can do this at this point they are in completely different situations.

Did you feel the same when the Chiefs went from 27 to 10 for Mahomes? I understand the compensation is questionable but, we used the draft network's tool for the trade. I don't think it will be that expensive but, that's what I traded in that mock so, that's why I put those picks. I think it would probably be two firsts and a third. 

12 hours ago, aldashex86 said:

Did you feel the same when the Chiefs went from 27 to 10 for Mahomes?

No I only have hard time when teams make desperate trades and are in no position to do so. I also had Mahomes rated high in the draft.  Yes you can hit it big however history shows this leads to failure 99% of the time.  A example would be the Bears and Trubisky.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

No way it’s costing the Chargers that much to move up 6 spots. 13 to 7 probably costs a 3rd rounder, 2nd at a push

You're kidding right? The Dolphins literally just traded up from 12 to 6 and it cost them swapping a 4th for a 5th and a 2022 first round pick. That was a month before the draft started when you don't know who will be available. After that clock starts and the picks become concrete instead of hypothetical, prices go up. Also, even the trade value chart says a third rounder isn't close.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

No I only have hard time when teams make desperate trades and are in no position to do so. I also had Mahomes rated high in the draft.  Yes you can hit it big however history shows this leads to failure 99% of the time.  A example would be the Bears and Trubisky.

The Bears moved up one spot for Trubisky. I think the bigger risk for them was the Mack trade. Their defense improved but they pushed all their chips in with Mitch at QB.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aldashex86 said:

You're kidding right? The Dolphins literally just traded up from 12 to 6 and it cost them swapping a 4th for a 5th and a 2022 first round pick. That was a month before the draft started when you don't know who will be available. After that clock starts and the picks become concrete instead of hypothetical, prices go up. Also, even the trade value chart says a third rounder isn't close.

The Bears moved up one spot for Trubisky. I think the bigger risk for them was the Mack trade. Their defense improved but they pushed all their chips in with Mitch at QB.

The Fish came in with a pretty silly overpay

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=LAC

According to this 15 to 7 is a gap of 350 points which is a late second rounder. The Chargers pick 47 would be an overpay, though the Lions could send their 4th back to balance it out a bit.

Remember in most cases when trading up for anything other than a QB, you can underpay to trade up, because with supply and demand more teams are looking to move down than up.

Next year's first is valued as a 2nd on your chart. The chart is a guide, not the end all be all. As you can see with trades at the next two picks, multiple teams wanted to move up. The chargers sweetened their offer to get their guy. Also, we did the draft on the draft network so, the other team has to accept the deal.