NFL WEEK 7

WizardHawk

"Just watch. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I'm just telling you, when you've got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns on you. That's rule No. 1 of business."

How a contract extension is even in play here is mind boggling.

11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

How a contract extension is even in play here is mind boggling.

Everyone cites the money the NFL has made under his watch, but he didn't invent the internet and online sales/presence were bound to drive up the leagues stock.

The drop in ratings suggests that the NFL isn't making as much as they could.

The commissioner and his effect on the game have to be held accountable. This stuff with the NFL becoming a police force, coupled with over officiating on replays(Jets/Patriots game) are driving fans away. 

13 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Honestly wish we could bring back Tagliabue 

Me too. Or anybody really. The stuttering, bumbling, Goodell approaches the sport like a 16 year old girl. Seems more concerned with getting old woman to like football than he is about keeping the fans he has.

Bryan[Broaddus]: Gregory can ask for reinstatement on Nov. 6th of this season. I have been told that the front office is keeping tabs on his situation. I have also been told that he has made some serious life-changing decisions for the good. I don’t know if he’ll ever end up back with the club or in the NFL, but it sounded like he’s trying.

RG can apply for reinstatement Nov. 6th. Unlikely to be cleared. Not holding my breath RG will ever amount to much, but at least appears he's on right track for the moment. Baby steps.

52 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

RG can apply for reinstatement Nov. 6th. Unlikely to be cleared. Not holding my breath RG will ever amount to much, but at least appears he's on right track for the moment. Baby steps.

He absolutely dominated Jason Peters in week 17.  I can't deny his talent. Obviously RG is still just a punch line, but if we got him back for the playoffs our pass rush would be top notch 

RGs stat line week 17 last year: 7 tackles(6 solo) 1 sack.

It's relevant because he missed all of last year and came in to do that against Peters.

Archived