Jump to content

The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread


RaidersAreOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

Stoked seeing the likes of Carr, Waller, Moreau, Ruggs, Brown, Ingold, etc putting in tons of work already. They'll need to be on the same page as our O-line will likely take a step back. 

Edit: Looks like Andre James is there too snapping to DC, awesome. Does anyone know who that guy with the blonde-ish hair is? Zay?

Edited by RaidersAreOne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Stoked seeing the likes of Carr, Waller, Moreau, Ruggs, Brown, Ingold, etc putting in tons of work already. They'll need to be on the same page as our O-line will likely take a step back. 

Edit: Looks like Andre James is there too snapping to DC, awesome. Does anyone know who that guy with the blonde-ish hair is? Zay?

Yep, that's Zay. 

I really hope we use Ingold more in the short pass game this year. Great hands for a FB. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep, that's Zay. 

I really hope we use Ingold more in the short pass game this year. Great hands for a FB. 

I'd love to see some RPO plays incorporated this year with Mariota, Drake, and Jacobs on the field together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good idea. I know a lot of players have ben working out together. But you have to figure if they want to be together as a team and make one decision, all it's going to take is a few players who feel uncomfortable about an in person offseason and they'll all vote to not show up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Good idea. I know a lot of players have ben working out together. But you have to figure if they want to be together as a team and make one decision, all it's going to take is a few players who feel uncomfortable about an in person offseason and they'll all vote to not show up. 

I don't think that the Raiders are that type of team. The Raiders have a lot of young players and players with one year contracts that need to play well this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zay looks really explosive running routes on air. Idk if it'll translate, but he looks the best in and out of his breaks.

Ruggs looks like he's running some option routes and more complicated stuff as well. That's good. He needs to break out in the short/intermediate game to build some more rapport with Carr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ruggs looks like he's running some option routes and more complicated stuff as well. That's good. He needs to break out in the short/intermediate game to build some more rapport with Carr.

Yeah we need to do a better job of getting him involved this year. Would love to see more screens, slants, etc to get him the ball in space. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very high on Ruggs for this coming year. Him being at the park is huge it allows him and Carr to get on the same page. Was very obvious watching the games last year they were not on the same page. 
 

Work on getting out those cuts faster and he’s gonna surprise next season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 1:27 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Zay looks really explosive running routes on air. Idk if it'll translate, but he looks the best in and out of his breaks.

Ruggs looks like he's running some option routes and more complicated stuff as well. That's good. He needs to break out in the short/intermediate game to build some more rapport with Carr.

Didn't Zay Jones look pretty good last year in workouts posted with Derek Carr? Nothing really came of that so I'm not expecting much but hoping for something! He does look 'sudden' though and pretty sharp. Maybe it's just me but his feet look like a blur 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 2:59 AM, NYRaider said:

Sucks for our defensive players having to learn a new scheme with no OTA. 

Yeh, it's a problem when you've got constant roster turnover and coaching changes every couple years, we perpetually seem to be waiting for everyone to gel and get comfortable in a new scheme only to blow it up after a few years and repeat the process. At least we have some success and continuity on the offense side of the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...