The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

It gets worse when you realize we're 2-0 in games we've scored 30+ in the final 6 games of the season but those wins were against the Jets and Broncos after they gifted us a score late to win it. Erase those two boneheaded plays and we're at 30 points 0/12 games and likely have a 1-11 record. @BackinBlack

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It gets worse when you realize we're 2-0 in games we've scored 30+ in the final 6 games of the season but those wins were against the Jets and Broncos after they gifted us a score late to win it. Erase those two boneheaded plays and we're at 30 points 0/12 games and likely have a 1-11 record. @BackinBlack

Yes I forgot Derek Carr is the only reason why we have fallen apart the last 6 games the last two years. 
Dont worry, me forgetting that, was also DCs fault : )

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Yes I forgot Derek Carr is the only reason why we have fallen apart the last 6 games the last two years. 
Dont worry, me forgetting that, was also DCs fault : )

The offense stalled out my son. 

First 10 games the last two seasons: 4,925 yards (71% comp), 34 TD, 8 INT

Last 6 games the last two seasons: 3,232 yards (65% comp), 14 TD, 9 INT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The offense stalled out my son. 

First 10 games the last two seasons: 4,925 yards (71% comp), 34 TD, 8 INT

Last 6 games the last two seasons: 3,232 yards (65% comp), 14 TD, 9 INT

Yes but the O had us in position to win against Chargers (MM) and Dolphins. 
But our D if a 1 score game, with anywhere around 2 mins left, will give up the points needed. 

We win those 2 games, that WE 100% should have won given the scenarios. We end 4-2. 

Do i need to post my 20 sec left in the game meme again?

• Like 1

Yes but the O had us in position to win against Chargers (MM) and Dolphins. 
But our D if a 1 score game, with anywhere around 2 mins left, will give up the points needed. 

We win those 2 games, that WE 100% should have won given the scenarios. We end 4-2. 

Do i need to post my 20 sec left in the game meme again?

And if not for miracles that other teams let us have we would've finished 0-6. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

And if not for miracles that other teams let us have we would've finished 0-6. 

the Fitzpatrick play doesnt count as a miracle to you?
Good ol NYRaider use both sides in different ways to fit your narrative LOL.
Have a good night dude!

• Like 2

the Fitzpatrick play doesnt count as a miracle to you?
Good ol NYRaider use both sides in different ways to fit your narrative LOL.
Have a good night dude!

Carr has played significantly worse down the stretch with the playoffs on the line. 

On field OTAs start today. Will be interesting in seeing who comes out. Hopefully all rookies are not getting terrible information from their agents and show up 

These mental reps and walk throughs very important for building a foundation. Offensive line and defense need those walk throughs and mental reps

Edited by agarcia34

Carr can be better down stretch, as can play calling. But the defense needs to close out games and create some turnovers.  Brady didn't win because Brady is great. Brady won last year because TB held Rodgers after two bad turnovers that Brady caused. 

you need to be a complete football team to win games consistently. We can't expect Carr to win every game or else Carr sucks. that's just not how it works. The defense has to win a game or two when Carr isn't playing at his best. That's the difference between good football teams and bad ones.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Carr can be better down stretch, as can play calling. But the defense needs to close out games and create some turnovers.  Brady didn't win because Brady is great. Brady won last year because TB held Rodgers after two bad turnovers that Brady caused. 

you need to be a complete football team to win games consistently. We can't expect Carr to win every game or else Carr sucks. that's just not how it works. The defense has to win a game or two when Carr isn't playing at his best. That's the difference between good football teams and bad ones.

Carr had almost as many turnovers as touchdowns when we were 6-4 with the easiest remaining schedule in the league and we finished 2-4. And we would've finished 0-6 if the Broncos and Jets, two of the worst teams in the league, didn't gift us wins.

We have finally started to put together what appears to be a respectable defense.  That was on the coaches and FO.  Carr struggles down the stretch and Gruden game plans are toast in the second half.  The defense sucks and the offense sucks in the red zone.  From top to bottom this team has not been built to win for a long time.  We over value our players so Carr who is a good with the physical skills to be a great QB gets treated like a great one.  Carr is always on the cusp of leading us to the promised land but every year there is a reason why he could not.  I am not saying get rid of him because he is a decent value for what we are paying him but he needs help to win and our coaches and FO have not done a good job of building around him.

OK it's been ages but OTAs are upon us and it feels like we're back into football again, even though sparingly.

Who is going to be the UDFA that earns the beat writers headlines and artificially builds everyone's hopes up this year??

My money is on Dillon Stoner 😀