The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

On 5/17/2021 at 5:12 AM, roi34 said:

Carr can be better down stretch, as can play calling. But the defense needs to close out games and create some turnovers.  Brady didn't win because Brady is great. Brady won last year because TB held Rodgers after two bad turnovers that Brady caused. 

you need to be a complete football team to win games consistently. We can't expect Carr to win every game or else Carr sucks. that's just not how it works. The defense has to win a game or two when Carr isn't playing at his best. That's the difference between good football teams and bad ones.

You mean like Cleveland.

On 5/18/2021 at 5:35 AM, Darbsk said:

OK it's been ages but OTAs are upon us and it feels like we're back into football again, even though sparingly.

Who is going to be the UDFA that earns the beat writers headlines and artificially builds everyone's hopes up this year??

My money is on Dillon Stoner 😀

Dillon Stoner, DJ Turner, Darius Stills, and Devery Hamilton are all guys I think have a chance of sneaking onto the roster. With Stills and Hamilton having the best chances.

• Like 1

While the Raiders signed two veteran receivers in John Brown and Willie Snead to push the four returnees (Henry Ruggs III, Bryan Edwards, Hunter Renfrow and Zay Jones), sources say they are also extremely fired up about undrafted rookie Dillon Stoner. While there was no media access to the recent rookie camp in Henderson, Nev., observers say that the former Oklahoma State receiver dominated and showed why the Raiders gave him $120,000 in guaranteed money to sign with them. 

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

While the Raiders signed two veteran receivers in John Brown and Willie Snead to push the four returnees (Henry Ruggs III, Bryan Edwards, Hunter Renfrow and Zay Jones), sources say they are also extremely fired up about undrafted rookie Dillon Stoner. While there was no media access to the recent rookie camp in Henderson, Nev., observers say that the former Oklahoma State receiver dominated and showed why the Raiders gave him $120,000 in guaranteed money to sign with them. 

What's so good about him though? He just seems like the JAG that doesn't make the team at the end of preseason

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

In the UDFA thread I liked his chances at making the team as a kick and punt returner. Don’t think there is anything great about him. He has good hands that can play outside and should play outside. 

On a podcast I listened to an Oklahoma State reported hyped him up and said he's always making plays. I think he has an uphill battle to make the roster though, he'll be battling with Snead and Jones for a spot.