The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Muse, and Amik are cut with a bad training camp. Especially if other players have strong camps. They need to prove themselves, at least be good with the 2s. This staff was already over Hurst, Key. The days of underachieving are over 

The days of bad coaching over?

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In Bradley's scheme won't he either be in single high or in the box?

I do not know what their plan is for him but saying he is getting a lot of work 1v1 against Waller does not sound good unless he is lining up in the slot which is something I wanted them to try when we drafted him.  Not saying he will be great but I think he can do it.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In Bradley's scheme won't he either be in single high or in the box?

Stick him in the box. 

He's small, but talented enough. 

Kwit, Mullen, Hayward, Joseph, Littleton (used correctly), and Yannick is 6/11 of a fairly decent D lineup. 

Moehrig is a huge upgrade. Ferrell isn't exciting, but solid enough. Ditto for Morrow. There's 8/11or 9/11 depending on setup. 

It's definitely on the IDL and Arnette to step up amd round the D out to respectable status. Too much veteran leadership and guys who have proven elsewhere they can go.

Anyways, keep Abram off the field as much as possible is how I would approach it. It's a long shot early on, but I hope his leash is a very short one with a finger on the retract button. 

New defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is a much more positive personality than Paul Guenther was, and Mullen said that’s already been very noticeable.

“Just the way he is as a person,” Mullen said when asked what’s stood out as opposed to previous coordinators he’s played for. “He cares about a lot more than just football and he wants guys to be a part of each other, be a team, learn together. He’s going to put us in the best positions, he’s going to give us the best calls. We’ve just got to go out there and play together.

“And one thing he told us is, ‘It’s never the call, it’s the players.’ And that’s true, we’ve got to go out there and come together, play as a unit and that’s how we are going to accomplish our goals.”

• Like 1

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know what their plan is for him but saying he is getting a lot of work 1v1 against Waller does not sound good unless he is lining up in the slot which is something I wanted them to try when we drafted him.  Not saying he will be great but I think he can do it.  

The nice thing about this, is that if he can cover Waller in practice we have a pretty good idea on how he will do in games. 
Opposite, is when we see Andre James dominating Maleik Collins in practice and think he is the next elite C 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Doesn't hurt to move guys around and see what they can do at different spots during OTA and TC. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Stick him in the box. 

He's small, but talented enough. 

Kwit, Mullen, Hayward, Joseph, Littleton (used correctly), and Yannick is 6/11 of a fairly decent D lineup. 

Moehrig is a huge upgrade. Ferrell isn't exciting, but solid enough. Ditto for Morrow. There's 8/11or 9/11 depending on setup. 

It's definitely on the IDL and Arnette to step up amd round the D out to respectable status. Too much veteran leadership and guys who have proven elsewhere they can go.

Anyways, keep Abram off the field as much as possible is how I would approach it. It's a long shot early on, but I hope his leash is a very short one with a finger on the retract button. 

Yeah Joseph was a big hitting safety coming out of West Virginia.  

I'm excited to see what Moehrig can do for us this year although it is a huge task for a rookie to play well in single high coverage. 

We need a lot of guys to step up this season particularly the defensive line. We need Crosby/Ferrell to take the next step, Yannick to live up to his contract, and some of our interior DL to provide some pass rushing. Bradley's scheme is very dependent on the front 4 being able to consistently generate pressure so if our DL isn't able too we'll likely struggle again this year. 

I think Abram can be better in Bradley's defense as a box safety, that's always what he has projected to be and he didn't really fit into Guenther's 2 high safety scheme. But I do think he's on a short leash this year, we wouldn't have drafted two safeties and brought Joseph back if we had a ton of faith in him. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

New defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is a much more positive personality than Paul Guenther was, and Mullen said that’s already been very noticeable.

“Just the way he is as a person,” Mullen said when asked what’s stood out as opposed to previous coordinators he’s played for. “He cares about a lot more than just football and he wants guys to be a part of each other, be a team, learn together. He’s going to put us in the best positions, he’s going to give us the best calls. We’ve just got to go out there and play together.

“And one thing he told us is, ‘It’s never the call, it’s the players.’ And that’s true, we’ve got to go out there and come together, play as a unit and that’s how we are going to accomplish our goals.”

Seems like everyone hated Guenther, lol.