The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

I would have liked to see them show up. These players are already working out on a daily basis anyways so might as well do it together and get some first hand coaching especially on the defensive side. A lot of these guys can use the OTAs and not just the players on the Raiders but in general within the NFL. Just makes player accountability more important for these young players to not be lazy and really work in the offseason.

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would have liked to see them show up. These players are already working out on a daily basis anyways so might as well do it together and get some first hand coaching especially on the defensive side. A lot of these guys can use the OTAs and not just the players on the Raiders but in general within the NFL. Just makes player accountability more important for these young players to not be lazy and really work in the offseason.

I am super high on our WR group although it is technically unproven. If the young guys take a step, it could be a better group than last year. And I was really high on Agholor.

I high on the young WRs. I get some of the back lash from Ruggs rookie year, but I also think its way over blown at the same time. Had 452 yards on 26 receptions. Like if you can double his receptions you're looking at a WR who is pushing 900 yards or more. This is a very important offseason for him and by being there at the park is a great way to show that he is committed to being better.  Him getting in and out of his routes and Carr being more comfortable with him will provide two huge differences that will show on Sundays during the season.

17.4 YPC so we know he can make the big play. Just have to work on the other things to make him more of a complete WR. 

I liked Edwards coming out and he really had zero chance to do anything once he got hurt cause thats when Nelly took advantage of the opportunity and never looked back. 

Edited by agarcia34

On 4/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, NYRaider said:

Sucks for our defensive players having to learn a new scheme with no OTA. 

Probably would have been a smart move to sign a couple guys who have played in the system to ease the transition and work with some of the more inexperienced players.  We got some of that on the line with Philon and Ngakoue but I do not think w have and LBs or DBs.  DBs I think are going to have the hardest time learning except Abram.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Probably would have been a smart move to sign a couple guys who have played in the system to ease the transition and work with some of the more inexperienced players.  We got some of that on the line with Philon and Ngakoue but I do not think w have and LBs or DBs.  DBs I think are going to have the hardest time learning except Abram.

Tried to do that with Mike Davis and Rayshawn Jenkins. Could still see them go after Sherman or Hayward once the draft is over. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, agarcia34 said:

I high on the young WRs. I get some of the back lash from Ruggs rookie year, but I also think its way over blown at the same time. Had 452 yards on 26 receptions. Like if you can double his receptions you're looking at a WR who is pushing 900 yards or more. This is a very important offseason for him and by being there at the park is a great way to show that he is committed to being better.  Him getting in and out of his routes and Carr being more comfortable with him will provide two huge differences that will show on Sundays during the season.

17.4 YPC so we know he can make the big play. Just have to work on the other things to make him more of a complete WR. 

I liked Edwards coming out and he really had zero chance to do anything once he got hurt cause thats when Nelly took advantage of the opportunity and never looked back. 

everyone knows Rookie QB, WR, TE, DT, CB usually need time  to adapt their first year 

Edited by Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm a little confused with how this relates to the NFLPA letter on the previous page, are the players just doing workouts at the facilities but no organised activities? 

It has nothing to do with players it's a union thing.

They're trying to leverage this to get more things they want.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 3:11 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I am super high on our WR group although it is technically unproven. If the young guys take a step, it could be a better group than last year. And I was really high on Agholor.

As long as we have D. Waller and Third and Renfrow, our receiving group will be fine.  Just need the other guys to get open every now and then.

• Like 1