The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

Edwards is going to be a really good player for us IMO. He is exactly the type of WR Carr has shown the most trust and chemistry with. Big bodied, strong handed, reliable, chain moving, contested catch makers. That is why Crabtree worked so well for us for a couple years. I would argue Crabtree had the most chemistry with Carr of any pass catcher outside of Waller since DC has been here. 

What will really determine if Edwards is as good as I believe he can be, will be the health. He struggled with injuries in college, he lost any chance of serious impact as a rookie due to injuries after being raved about in camp and given a starting job. He has to prove that he can hold up consistently and be available on game days. If he does, I think he may be our most consistent red zone presence and most trusted perimeter receiving threat this season. But to this point that's a really big question mark. 

100%

I would've loved to see what a couple of years with Carr and Agholor could've produced too. 

Sad thing is, the rest of our pass catchers aside from those two and Waller have been the drizzling $#!ts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

100%

I would've loved to see what a couple of years with Carr and Agholor could've produced too. 

Sad thing is, the rest of our pass catchers aside from those two and Waller have been the drizzling $#!ts

I think Ruggs will be really good but he has to show it on Sundays consistently.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

100%

If Edwards and Ruggs can live up to their hype and make a leap this season, I think our WR group of Ruggs, Brown, Edwards, and Renfrow will be really good. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Edwards and Ruggs can live up to their hype and make a leap this season, I think our WR group of Ruggs, Brown, Edwards, and Renfrow will be really good. 

Yeah I think they all complement each other very well. That receiving corps taking the next step will be huge for the offense as a whole. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah I think they all complement each other very well. That receiving corps taking the next step will be huge for the offense as a whole. 

Ruggs and Edwards both had their moments last season. They both were just banged up early in the season and never really developed chemistry with Carr, which would've been hard to do in the covid season. And Jon Gruden's playbook is notoriously one of the harder ones for guys to pick up on. Ruggs and Edwards both look like they took their off-season training seriously though.  

Just now, NYRaider said:

Ruggs and Edwards both had their moments last season. They both were just banged up early in the season and never really developed chemistry with Carr, which would've been hard to do in the covid season. And Jon Gruden's playbook is notoriously one of the harder ones for guys to pick up on. Ruggs and Edwards both look like they took their off-season training seriously though.  

I mean they also had an actual off-season program this year too

Just been listening to the OTAs presser with Richie Incognito. Have to say I was sceptical signing him a couple years ago but he's exactly what we need in the team. 37 years old and leading from the front in voluntary workouts, showing the young kids what it takes and the enthusiasm to be there day in, day out.

Loved his comment about why he needed to be at OTAs too....... It gives us a competitive advantage. Great team player. If he can stay healthy this year then he'll be a hugely important cog in the machine. I'm always impressed by how articulate he is too. 😀

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just been listening to the OTAs presser with Richie Incognito. Have to say I was sceptical signing him a couple years ago but he's exactly what we need in the team. 37 years old and leading from the front in voluntary workouts, showing the young kids what it takes and the enthusiasm to be there day in, day out.

Loved his comment about why he needed to be at OTAs too....... It gives us a competitive advantage. Great team player. If he can stay healthy this year then he'll be a hugely important cog in the machine. I'm always impressed by how articulate he is too. 😀

did you hear Richie hyping up Andre James. would be sweet if he becomes a good one

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Yannick update.. added 12 pounds 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3HFljpwlI/?hl=en

I do agree with a lot of others when they take things like this with a grain of salt. A lot of times it's exaggerated, or it's just lip service, or in some cases added bulk slows guys down and actually takes away some of the things that make them great players, not to mention almost every player in the NFL is constantly working on improving their strength and conditioning, weaknesses in their game, etc. 

All that being said, I was absolutely thrilled with the Yannick signing this off season, and I have very high hopes for him here. I also think signing him to a 2 year deal, short term deal, for decent but not HUGE money and giving him the no franchise tag option was an extremely shrewd move by the front office. It ensures the highest chance that we get a really motivated, hard working, high energy and motor Yannick a team can get. He wants to prove he's worthy of one more contract, one that pays huge, gives long term security, and allows him to really cash in, and we get the absolute best version of one of the best pure pass rushers in the league the last handful of years while he should be smack dab in the middle of his prime because that is the only way he can land that type of deal. 

Yannick obviously isn't Mack as an overall player, but as a pure pass rusher? He's right there with him production wise. Mack averages 10 sacks per season, Yannick averages 9 sacks per year. Mack only had 4 as a rookie but had 15 in his second year to kind of balance that out because the 15 sack season is a little bit of an outlier for him as he usually has around 8-11 sacks a year. And frankly Mack hasn't been as dominant (though still great overall) as a pass rusher the past year or two. 

I think a guy like Yannick is going to pay huge dividends for guys like Crosby, Ferrell, whoever gets a lot of reps at 3T, and hopefully the guys in the secondary as well. Landing him for the type of money we did, structured the way it was to keep him hungry for that mega payday, in the prime of his career, at an area we desperately needed some juice is one of the moves I feel we will look back on after the season and realize it was a bigger deal than most of us even believed at the time. I'm excited to see him here, in a scheme ran by a coach Yannick seems to love, and knows how to play to his strengths. 

• Like 3