The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:
16 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I am intrigued by Solomon Thomas from the little clips were getting. Looks quick out there. Look forward to seeing him play in his more natural position. Cant wait to see how he plays in preseason 

I'm interested to see how he does this year. I like those gamble type of moves

Thinking about it now, I actually think it's a pretty interesting signing. We basically have Jefferson who we know should be solid if not spectacular looking at what he's done over the last couple years so Thomas is a bit of a risk but he's got some pedigree from college and I loved his play in college albeit he has underwhelmed in the Pros. But, and this is important, we're not putting all our eggs in his basket. If he is actually quite good then great, but if he flunks again then we do have a guy who should be solid at least so we're not totally relying on an unknown.

I'm Ok with that but would have still gone with a guy like Atkins and then Thomas to spell him and keep him fresh. I think that could have worked well and Thomas could have learned from a guy like Atkins too.

On 7/29/2021 at 11:02 AM, Nightmare said:

Well I’m amazed you managed to find any excitement for some of the utterly miserable seasons we’ve had in the past 20 years.

Being a Raiders fan has taught me how to be optimistic. Regardless of how bad we've been I'm typically done with the team at the end of the season, then free agency and the draft roll around, I get my hopes up and I tell myself this will be the year, lol. 

On 7/29/2021 at 1:35 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah the draft and Grudock did it in for me. 

We have zero momentum going into the season and it's impossible to say we've improved overall from last year given the number of key starters with very little track record of success in the league. 

It just feels like we are stuck in neutral, which is my emotion for the season lol

Agreed. I'm not down on the team but I really don't have that much interest in reading training camp reports, listening to how great this guy or that guy will be, and really don't have any expectations for the team this year. As you said stuck in neutral would be the perfect way to describe how I feel about the team going into the season. If we somehow manage to make the playoffs I won't be surprised and if we're terrible I will be equally as unsurprised. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:37 PM, agarcia34 said:

It’s early but Kwit has been taking majority of the second team reps. I predicted that Morrow would take his job. We’ll see how this plays out over the next couple weeks 

Bradley's defense needs speed at all 3 levels, glad to see Morrow, Crosby, Yannick, and Robertson getting reps. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I believe you were one of the ones roasting me and praising Ferrell's ability to set the edge. 

1. Roasting you about what? I’ve always been respectful towards you(even though there are some pretty questionable things that you say)

2. to Clelin Ferrell can set the edge very well. I’m speaking particularly about how the Raiders are letting everybody compete regardless of where they were drafted or how much they’re getting paid.

That’s what I always liked about Seattle. They drafted that one running back in the first round and then played Chris Carson over him because he was the better player regardless if it made them look stupid or not. I will always have respect for that. 

Edited by Jeremy408

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

1. Roasting you about what? I’ve always been respectful towards you(even though there are some pretty questionable things that you say)

2. to Clelin Ferrell can set the edge very well. I’m speaking particularly about how the Raiders are letting everybody compete regardless of where they were drafted or how much they’re getting paid.

That’s what I always liked about Seattle. They drafted that one running back in the first round and then played Chris Carson over him because he was the better player regardless if it made them look stupid or not. I will always have respect for that. 

I just remember saying Crosby/Yannick should start and being told I was wrong and how great Ferrell is as a run defender by like half the board.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just remember saying Crosby/Yannick should start and being told I was wrong and how great Ferrell is as a run defender by like half the board.

To be sure you didn’t confuse me with someone else, show me where I said that I was wrong about Crosby starting over Ferrell. I definitely said that Ferrell is a great run defender. 

on record, I’ve always thought that Crosby and Yannick would awesome tandem(LOL I actually said that a day before Yannick actually got signed