The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Philon is a sleeper. He was very solid in SD pre arrest.

I am good with Philon if he was not put in a situation where we might have to rely on him.  Does not matter how good any player is you can expect some bumps in the road after being out of the league for 2 years.  If he was the last DT on the roster I am fine because he can be a lottery ticket but he is the 3rd DT.  I am not comfortable.  If Hankins or Jefferson go down he will have to play major minutes and year 1 back I would be willing to bet he gets hurt also playing significant minutes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am good with Philon if he was not put in a situation where we might have to rely on him.  Does not matter how good any player is you can expect some bumps in the road after being out of the league for 2 years.  If he was the last DT on the roster I am fine because he can be a lottery ticket but he is the 3rd DT.  I am not comfortable.  If Hankins or Jefferson go down he will have to play major minutes and year 1 back I would be willing to bet he gets hurt also playing significant minutes.

Yeah he’s still a flier. At least he’s played well in the league. Thomas has not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Jefferson is a solid floor. I definitely like Philon more if he can be consistent after missing years. Thomas has the highest ceiling and the lowest floor 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think Jefferson is a solid floor. I definitely like Philon more if he can be consistent after missing years. Thomas has the highest ceiling and the lowest floor 

I am not that high on Jefferson, average at best, and it sounds like Thomas will be playing DE with Ferrell.  So we have a returning NT, a DT that has not played since 2018, and a DT that has not started an entire season or played particularly well in any season.  I have very little confidence in the DTs which will make the DEs and LBers job harder and lead to the DBs having a hard time.  One day our team might figure it out.  I just hope Hankins does not go down.  If he does we will get destroyed on defense and we will be forced to overpay in a trade to save the season.  I could be wrong but the part I think I might end up being wrong about is the team having a season to save.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hmmm. It looks like Gus Bradley is going for speed because I’m a put Morrow over kwik  but I wouldn’t put Littleton. But that’s based on last year of course. I can see why you would want more speed on the field. Plus Littleton has the better overall body of work.

Edited by Jeremy408

Speed was the reason why I always thought Morrow would replace Kwiat. In this type of defense GB loves speed. 

This defense is not gonna be the biggest but it will have a lot of speed. You can Be undersized which they’re but still win being fast. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Speed was the reason why I always thought Morrow would replace Kwiat. In this type of defense GB loves speed. 

This defense is not gonna be the biggest but it will have a lot of speed. You can Be undersized which they’re but still win being fast. 

Right he uses fast undersized players & stacks the box. Kwiat was more of a Gunther linebacker preference. My question is do you like Cory Littleton over Kwiat for the other nickel linebacker?

19 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right he uses fast undersized players & stacks the box. Kwiat was more of a Gunther linebacker preference. My question is do you like Cory Littleton over Kwiat for the other nickel linebacker?

To me yes kwit has always been a thumper who got some love for being so so in zone coverage on a great bear defense. In man cov he’s burnt toast. Littleton has better range. 

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Great point. Kwiat is a classic PG MLB. 

I’m big on Littleton. While he should take some blame for his performance I don’t blame it all on him. I just don’t like Kwiat at all in a GB defense. His weakness are just to highlighted under GB. I think we will see him at times cause he will be the 3rd LB and still get some time in a base 4-3 defense when they do go to it. 

37 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

To me yes kwit has always been a thumper who got some love for being so so in zone coverage on a great bear defense. In man cov he’s burnt toast. Littleton has better range. 

Don't agree with this sorry. Thought Kwiatkoski's zone coverage was good last year and he wasn't embarrassed at all, especially considering how little pressure we generated. Littleton although theoretically should have been better was the one getting burnt.

Hopefully under GB they both should be decent to good ☺️

• Like 1