The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

don't know why people were roasting the pick. Leatherwood was a stud at Bama, ap all American, a freak athlete, and a sound character

That’s easy. Say when player get drafted and the draft analyst that are hosting say they could’ve got him in round two, then people will start roasting the pick. 

58 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s easy. Say when player get drafted and the draft analyst that are hosting say they could’ve got him in round two, then people will start roasting the pick. 

Or maybe he never played rt and we have a bad track record of trying to convert rookies to new positions 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or maybe he never played rt and we have a bad track record of trying to convert rookies to new positions 

Really? So if we had drafted Darrisaw who played left tackle or Sewell who was in the same boat then would it still a problem? Or is it more of a problem because the analyst said that we could’ve gotten him in the second round also?

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I know why. Because the media was 

Many were roasting the pick well before we made it.  It was being leaked that he was who the team wanted and before any pundits could say well that is a strange pick many in here were saying if that is true then...  Although we do not all watch as much film as the professionals it is a huge red flag when we can look at the pick and know we have tried it before and it failed.  Athletic LT that never played RT expected to make the leap from college to the pros and many had ranked below other players still available.  I hope Leatherwood - Darrisaw/Jenkins does not end up like Parker - Brown.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Really? So if we had drafted Darrisaw who played left tackle or Sewell who was in the same boat then would it still a problem? Or is it more of a problem because the analyst said that we could’ve gotten him in the second round also?

If we drafted Sewell maybe Miller moves over to the right side.  Darrisaw could have growing pains if asked to transition but he was a much better LT than Leatherwood.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Muse actually getting snaps would be an all time shocker. Well believe it when I see it. 

Agreed. At least this means he's a roster caliber player.

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

bounceback year from Hayward would be nice

He should be fine as long as he has help over the top.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If we drafted Sewell maybe Miller moves over to the right side.  Darrisaw could have growing pains if asked to transition but he was a much better LT than Leatherwood.

That doesn’t indicate that they will be better right tackles because they were better left tackles(See Brandon Parker or Donald Penn for example)

Or maybe some of us actually watch games and weren’t impressed of him.

also we more than likely could’ve traded down with minn and still got him.

Maybe let’s not crown him after a practice you know and see how he does in games. 

That doesn’t indicate that they will be better right tackles because they were better left tackles(See Brandon Parker or Donald Penn for example)

I completely agree.  This has been my biggest issue with Cable and think he has wasted talent and draft capital trying to stick to his measurables BS.  If none has ever played the position and all I have to go off of is their play at LT I would go with the best LT.  Now there are other factors to take into consideration but the play on the field would be the best indicator.  I think Jenkins has the highest floor at RT and Darrisaw the highest ceiling at RT.  I am not counting Sewell because he was not available and could very easily be a better LT than Miller.  Sewell has even said that the transition to RT is not that easy.