Jump to content

The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I completely agree.  This has been my biggest issue with Cable and think he has wasted talent and draft capital trying to stick to his measurables BS.  If none has ever played the position and all I have to go off of is their play at LT I would go with the best LT.  Now there are other factors to take into consideration but the play on the field would be the best indicator.  I think Jenkins has the highest floor at RT and Darrisaw the highest ceiling at RT.  I am not counting Sewell because he was not available and could very easily be a better LT than Miller.  Sewell has even said that the transition to RT is not that easy.  

Yeah I get that but right tackle position has always been known more for it run blocking which Leatherwood is the best at. You are also a couple that with the fact that while he’s not the best left tackle he has left tackle athleticism and measurable. He’s also played the best competition being an SEC tackle so there’s that(although all of them have played pretty good competition in their own right). So appears that the idea was getting is getting a right tackle with guard level but run blocking with left tackle measurable and skill set. I like that idea personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah I get that but right tackle position has always been known more for it run blocking which Leatherwood is the best at. You are also a couple that with the fact that while he’s not the best left tackle he has left tackle athleticism and measurable. He’s also played the best competition being an SEC tackle so there’s that(although all of them have played pretty good competition in their own right). So appears that the idea was getting is getting a right tackle with guard level but run blocking with left tackle measurable and skill set. I like that idea personally.

With the issues they have created in the past I would like for them to make a good value pick.  If we traded back and still selected him it would have been easier to stomach but with a better LT  and what should be a better RT still on the board I did not like the pick.  He could turn out great but I believe they took unnecessary risk and over drafted at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the change in scheme and how it could change which players get more PT but Kwiat was 1 of 3 players last year that earned their salary.  Burifict was to slow to be a LBer in the NFL period.  There is something to be said for a player that understands their role and does not make mistakes.  Yes physically Moorow and Littleton are better fits and have more physical talent but that does not mean it will translate to better play on the field.  I have to trust in Bradley but I am a little uneasy about not having Kwiat out there a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jerry said:

Love me some Renfrow.  We have all the role players in place, just need 2-3 superstars to take us over the top.

Renfrow might just be my favourite player of the lot. He's not got sublime gifts but he gets absolutely everything out of his physical tools and always delivers. I bet the coaches absolutely love him too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah I get that but right tackle position has always been known more for it run blocking which Leatherwood is the best at. You are also a couple that with the fact that while he’s not the best left tackle he has left tackle athleticism and measurable. He’s also played the best competition being an SEC tackle so there’s that(although all of them have played pretty good competition in their own right). So appears that the idea was getting is getting a right tackle with guard level but run blocking with left tackle measurable and skill set. I like that idea personally.

I actually think Leatherwood could be a very good player and we'll be looking back in 3 years time like with our LT Miller. However, I still think we didn't get very good value drafting him where we did, I think a trade down would have been prudent but it is what it is now. I have a feeling we'll ultimately be happy with the pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

With the issues they have created in the past I would like for them to make a good value pick.  If we traded back and still selected him it would have been easier to stomach but with a better LT  and what should be a better RT still on the board I did not like the pick.  He could turn out great but I believe they took unnecessary risk and over drafted at the same time.

I guess my question is in your opinion what makes someone who played left tackle in college a good candidate to right tackle 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I actually think Leatherwood could be a very good player and we'll be looking back in 3 years time like with our LT Miller. However, I still think we didn't get very good value drafting him where we did, I think a trade down would have been prudent but it is what it is now. I have a feeling we'll ultimately be happy with the pick.

hopefully his health allows him to be the rock at RT for the rest of this decade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or maybe some of us actually watch games and weren’t impressed of him.
 

also we more than likely could’ve traded down with minn and still got him.

Maybe let’s not crown him after a practice you know and see how he does in games. 

im all for not crowning him after a practice, but i also wont dump on him before playing in a NFL game. Goes both ways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...