The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Hurst is so overhyped by Raider fans. he is lucky to make the 49er roster, but people act like we dropped an all pro. He might be an okay NFL player, but teams move on from players

They’re always overhyped when we cut them. Never when we actually have them. I noticed the same thing happened with Gabe Jackson which I thought was weird. They also try to do the same thing with Arden Key until I remember @NYRaider reminded them of the Miami game by posting the face mask picture. I was dying lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I had seen a comment or two regarding body control and hands. I think a great comparison doing the rounds pre draft was Allen Robinson. I don't think Edwards is quite as sudden or sharp in his routes as Adams - of course that is a very lofty comparison and I'm sure Carr wasn't inferring that he was as good a player just yet, just comparing a certain ability.

All this hype for Edwards, hope it's because he's a stud and not our DBs are just trash. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hurst is so overhyped by Raider fans. he is lucky to make the 49er roster, but people act like we dropped an all pro. He might be an okay NFL player, but teams move on from players

seriously. it's shelby harris all over again

wait

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Imagine only looking at sack totals in 2021. What’s next, say jacobs is awful because of his low YPC?

This has literally been the discussion for months. Got people saying David Montgomery a better RB then Jacobs lol

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Richard gonna hear… Hey Richard Mike wants to talk with you. Bring your iPad with you as well. 

honestly Drake's presence made him somewhat redundant, but i liked having Riddick as a 3rd RB just in case. with Theo retired, Richard was valuable again. no clue who would be the RB3 right now. prior to the Drake signing i was a fan of the idea of bringing Ingram aboard due to his versatility, but he's with Houston

Edited by Turnobili
1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

They’re always overhyped when we cut them. Never when we actually have them. I noticed the same thing happened with Gabe Jackson which I thought was weird. They also try to do the same thing with Arden Key until I remember @NYRaider reminded them of the Miami game by posting the face mask picture. I was dying lol

some guys on here just like to b**** and moan, never happy about anything. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I think someone said the other day and the Raiders have no talent on the team. What I figured out is when the team does something good 90% of the forum ignores it. But when they do something that can be perceived as bad no matter how small it is(like exploding When somebody who was brought him to be a rotational player gets cut for no dead money they lose their minds or there are reports that somebody who was brought in to be a rotational player doesn’t seem to be panning out. 

Then blanket statements are made like the team has no talent lol 

20 minutes ago, Geezy said:

and other guys on here never complain and expect every transaction and draft pick to pan out

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

and other guys on here never complain and expect every transaction and draft pick to pan out

Ok see that’s the thing I understand that aspect too. They’re not all good and they’re not all bad

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

People are already saying that on here lol

Meh, I don't recall anyone calling him garbage. If anything, I've just seen people pumping the brakes on putting him in overall top 5 talk. 

Saying D Montgomery may be more realistic than putting Jacobs in Cook/Chubb/Kamara/CMC status, which is what some people would gladly claim. 

I have him as top 10 (8) and our 1-2 combo as clear top 4, and I've been a bit critical of his performance. 

Edited by ronjon1990