The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Ok see that’s the thing I understand that aspect too. They’re not all good and they’re not all bad

but nobody is saying they're all bad. has anybody really complained about the Yannick signing? Or John Brown? The Moehrig draft pick? there's a lot of hyper defensiveness imo

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If jacobs contract was up today would y’all be happy if he was getting paid top 10 rb $?

No. 

Well, top 5 you mean? 

It's a bad deal for the team. It's not a death blow, like giving a bad QB top 5 money, but it's a luxury. So you have to save elsewhere. If you have two OTs that are on rookie deals, then an expensive RB is OK. But there are so many examples of teams having a GREAT running game with less than special backs. 

Watch the Colts with Jonathan Taylor. When his contract is up in three years, the Colts have to franchise or extend. No 5th year option like Raiders have. And the Colts will have the highest paid OG in the league, and probably the highest paid LB.  They will let him go.  

39 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Meh, I don't recall anyone calling him garbage. If anything, I've just seen people pumping the brakes on putting him in overall top 5 talk. 

Saying D Montgomery may be more realistic than putting Jacobs in Cook/Chubb/Kamara/CMC status, which is what some people would gladly claim. 

I have him as top 10 (8) and our 1-2 combo as clear top 4, and I've been a bit critical of his performance. 

I recall a few people on here saying that Jacob was a one hit wonder.

I agree he’s a top 10 running back

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

but nobody is saying they're all bad. has anybody really complained about the Yannick signing? Or John Brown? The Moehrig draft pick? there's a lot of hyper defensiveness imo

I encourage you to go back to both the John Brown and the yannick threads

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I encourage you to go back to both the John Brown and the yannick threads

sure. here's the john brown thread. i've skimmed through the first few pages. literally one poster had a negative opinion on brown (drfrey). everybody else liked the signing

and here's the yannick thread. can't find anybody complaining. like i said, i think people are just hyper defensive for some reason

Edited by Turnobili
i dont need to give you a reason

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

sure. here's the john brown thread. i've skimmed through the first few pages. literally one poster had a negative opinion on brown (drfrey). everybody else liked the signing

and here's the yannick thread. can't find anybody complaining. like i said, i think people are just hyper defensive for some reason

And I still do not like the signing.  I love the Ngakoue signing.  If Edwards can turn into a productive redzone/possession WR the Brown signing is not horrible but more so pointless and a waste of money.  I wanted to go after a bigger target that could produce in the redzone.  

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

I Read that too. I realized the stuff im talking about isnt in those threads its in other threads. In other threads youll find stuff like the following:

"We're heading into year 4 of the Gruden rebuild and we're in a worse spot then we were when he inherited the team. "FA

"This team is stuck in the middle of the Atlantic (AFC West) with no rudder. With our average at best FA signings, lack of depth on many levels and our still atrocious D" -raiders sign leathwood pick #17

"We are still an embarrassment of a team that lacks talent and depth. We are a joke of a team yet fans like you think this is a playoff roster being held back by Carr. I seriously couldn't make this trash up if I tried lol" -The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Mariota and beyond

"We upgraded on the only real solid player we've got on D not named Mullen and signed a luxury RB2 for seemingly no reason other than to arbitrarily pay more for a RB2 while ignoring legitimate needs. 

People can sugarcoat it, but it's true. 

We've gotten worse by stuffing the roster with more replacement talent at positions of need yet again. 

We signed A LOT of guys, sure, but how many are upgrades from last year? Drake? The least necessary signing we made? 

Our answer to Crosby being our only pass rush is to stuff the rest of the DL with even more rotational back end of roster guys and use our money to instead pull Crosby from his starting role? Seriously? Where are the "but young guys need to play" crowd on that? The one young guy in our front 7 who produces is now being relegated to a rotational position. Why not any of the other ones who don't actually produce?

Hell, we managed to create a need by Gruden and Mayock simply being here, and we've even managed to bungle that situation spectacularly. We lost Rodney Hudson, signed Nick Martin, and gave Andre James an extension for a handful of bad snaps...🤦🏼‍♂️...just, why?

Gruden and Mayock are clearly just winging it. There's no plan. There's no semblance of a strategy. And yet the Neros fiddle away, preaching patience and contradictions. " -Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

"As for Yannick, again, cool, he had some nice seasons surrounded by more talented guys. And maybe he replicates and/or builds on that success around the lesser talent we have. 

That still doesn't address the problem. Our only consistent pass rusher was Crosby, who Yannick is going to replace on the field. We signed someone to fix the one spot that was arguably not broken while doing the same old song and dance with the actually broken ones. What kind of strategy is that? It isn't a viable one, that's for sure. " -Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

"Nothing but excuses and optimistic projections.  When the season hits reality will come slap you and all of your worthless cherry picked stats across the face.  It's happened for the last two decades and all of a sudden you think this team has 11 win potential.  Hahaha give me a break.  " -Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

"No quality players want to sign or play for the dumpster fire known as the Raiders organization/Gruden.  It's pretty embarrassing that we had 40 million in cap space and walked away with minimal impact.  We have improved our edge rush with YN and our RB depth with Drake but besides that it's been pretty pathetic considering how little depth and talent we have.No quality players want to sign or play for the dumpster fire known as the Raiders organization/Gruden.  It's pretty embarrassing that we had 40 million in cap space and walked away with minimal impact.  We have improved our edge rush with YN and our RB depth with Drake but besides that it's been pretty pathetic considering how little depth and talent we have."-Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

"Morrow is average, Kwik is also an average MLB, Littleton has flashed on a team littered with talent and a fearsome pass rush.  Last year he was average at best with the talent surrounding him.  So we have a bunch of average LB's that hopefully dont get hurt because we have zero depth behind them.  

YN is good at rushing the passer but is on his 4th team in 2 years for a reason.  Our outside pass rush has improved but we still have nothing proven on the interior in terms of pass rush.  Until someone steps up's QB's will literally step up and have all day to pass.  

Our safety play was a disaster and so far we have signed nothing to make me think otherwise.  Our safeties are still terrible.

We had players like NA last year throwing a fit because we have no leadership, accountability and a terrible culture for a franchise that has 1 winning season in the last 20 years.  Heck we just signed a bum like Bill Sneed who is talking about coning in here and changing the culture.  You want to know what changes a teams culture?  It's really not rocket science, it's one simple word.... Winning and this team is still very far from being a team that is a legitimate winner.  You can attempt to sugar coat it all you want but no legit players want to come here and get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.  You can just look at our FA signings once again for proof.  

We could have signed an impact WR with our money, we didn't. We could have went after a potential #1 Cb in FA yet did nothing, we could have signed some Olineman other than average at best Martin and 38 year old RI (who I do like when healthy) abs we didn’t or couldn’t. We could have went after some decent talent with upside potential at LB and nothing.  

YOY it's the same trash that we hope pans out which rarely does but when they do, they hit the  road just like NA and Hudson did this offseason. "-Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1