The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Oh heck, I really hope neither tackle goes down then. 😬

I am ignoring the Parker backing up the Leatherwood part.  As far as I am concerned Good is the backup to LG and RT while Parker is the backup LT.  Cable can not be that hard headed after watching this experiment gone wrong the past 3 years.

• Like 1

I'm really impatient to hear what McCoy looks like......always really fond of him as a player and interesting to hear Hate Nobbs running with the firsts. 

Moehrig might actually not be a big letdown so that would be nice 😀

Thanks guys for posting these little tweets and updates etc. Really interesting for those of us who don't follow on social media

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm really impatient to hear what McCoy looks like......always really fond of him as a player and interesting to hear Hate Nobbs running with the firsts. 

Moehrig might actually not be a big letdown so that would be nice 😀

Thanks guys for posting these little tweets and updates etc. Really interesting for those of us who don't follow on social media

I find the Nate Hobbs  thing interesting because because with never Lawson out the first two weeks he can really seize the job as a rookie with a Moehrig thing I’m not going to be fully comfortable with him until I see how he tackles

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Maybe trying to get Simpson more PT because they know Incognito will probably go down at some point and they are going to need Good on the left side.  

I hope we can get Wright signed.  I would feel a lot better about the transition to Bradley's system with more of the correct pieces.  Any news on what other teams he is talking to.  Or maybe he just does not want to participate in training camp in Vegas heat.  He knows the system so it should be a smooth transition.  Could have a positive affect similar to bringing in Burifict in Guenther's system.

I’m thinking wright wants to go to a winning team not a rebuilding one 

31 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am ignoring the Parker backing up the Leatherwood part.  As far as I am concerned Good is the backup to LG and RT while Parker is the backup LT.  Cable can not be that hard headed after watching this experiment gone wrong the past 3 years.

Agrees. I feel like he’s going to be Miller‘s career back of that left tackle and the Jared Jones guy is going to eventually be right tackle

39 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m thinking wright wants to go to a winning team not a rebuilding one 

I think that is true for most players but Wright already has a ring.  He may value the transition going smoothly and making an easy paycheck more.  Probably one of the reasons why he has not tried to get signed before training camps.  I hope we sign him but there is no way of knowing what is going on in his head.

36 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Agrees. I feel like he’s going to be Miller‘s career back of that left tackle and the Jared Jones guy is going to eventually be right tackle

If Leatherwood is not playing well they should just switch him with Good.  If he gets hurt then move Good to RT and Simpson to RG.  Smooth transitions.  I believe next year the line will be 

Miller - Good - ? - Simpson - Leatherwood

Have to wait and see how James plays.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Not gonna freak out about Waller not practicing…… But it’s not good cause can’t imagine this is rest at this point 

With the Las Vegas heat I would not want to be out there.  Maybe just taking it easy.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Wait wait….. already saying Leatherwood is gonna be a back up LT… Man this place has really hit some low places recently 

We were talking about Parker.  They have him listed as a backup RT again even though he has shown he can play LT and is still really bad at RT.  Cable can not admit he was wrong is what it looks like to me.

• Like 1