The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Moreau might. Maxx has. 

The rest have not done anything to warrant optimism, and were late round guys at best. 

That's what I'm talking about. Late round guys the team is high on. If they pan out the savings to the salary cap will be incredible. 

10 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Casey Hayward is #29 isn't he? He's a sticky cover guy and crafty veteran - playing the receiver just enough to not get caught - but the long speed could be his issue. I feel a little more reassured as we might just have a genuine FS with range and instincts to help him out, if that is the case then I expect Hayward to be pretty good this year.

Edited by Darbsk

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Casey Hayward is #29 isn't he? He's a sticky cover guy and crafty veteran - playing the receiver just enough to not get caught - but the long speed could be his issue. I feel a little more reassured as we might just have a genuine FS with range and instincts to help him out, if that is the case then I expect Hayward to be pretty good this year.

Yea that’s heyward and you’re right: For him his problem is going to be down the field. I’m anxious to see how Moehrig and Hobbs look in a live game 

Edited by Jeremy408

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Did anyone else know this?

Unexpected numbers for sure, though I don't think we played Cover 3 all that much and looking at the attempts stat bears that out. With regard the LBs I've argued Kwiatkoski was good in coverage and we know Morrow is good in coverage, Littleton was the surprise really and maybe a few big plays influenced the perception of how effective he was. He didn't seem great to me but overall the numbers are good if course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Looks like he grabbed his jersey, to me...PI call there

I definitely see what you’re saying . To be fair though, as someone who played corner my entire, life almost there’s touching on every play what it comes down to it does it actually interfere with a receiver making the catch. That’s why that one wouldn’t get called. And it’s also why PI most of the time gets called down the field because it’s more obvious that it actually interfered with the catch. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Unexpected numbers for sure, though I don't think we played Cover 3 all that much and looking at the attempts stat bears that out. With regard the LBs I've argued Kwiatkoski was good in coverage and we know Morrow is good in coverage, Littleton was the surprise really and maybe a few big plays influenced the perception of how effective he was. He didn't seem great to me but overall the numbers are good if course.

I’ve always felt that Nicolas Morrow is underrated and I’m not surprised that the new defense of coaching staff as well as the decision makers as a whore like him so much. I think he’s going to have a great year(on top of the Good year he had last year)

He’s also a big reason why I didn’t want the linebacker from Notre Dame because I didn’t feel like he was better than Nicolas Morrow and if he was it wasn’t better enough to get him for a first round pick. but of course that’s just me lol

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

For anyone who cares

Interesting, but they did have ten different players and a pass rush so I don't expect similar numbers here. I do expect a decent improvement however. I have some belief in Gus Bradley.