The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

Derek Carr on Gerald McCoy: "We joked around and I sat there, talked to him and gave him a hug when I first saw and said 'glad you don't have to chase me around anymore. Glad you're on our team.' He has one of the fastest get-offs I've ever seen."

I wonder if he's saying that based on what he's seen at TC or like throughout his career.

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Koonce said he got some work at LB the first time yesterday. I like that and surprised that it took this long. Think you would want to do anything possible to get your 3 best rushers on the field and putting koonce at LB is one way for that to happen. 

I have had this mini debate with a few people on here that the SAM in Bradley's system works like a 3-4 OLB and that was the one position we did not have anyone to play it this year.  That is why I was big on signing Ingram or Wright.  I know Koonce was the player meant to play that position going forward but I wanted to have a bridge player to let the small school rookie adjust.  Probably why we did not sign Wright because someone here said he was looking for a 2 year deal.  The team probably wants a 1 year player and let Koonce take over next year.  This does not prove me correct but does add some evidence to my argument.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, Geezy said:

and i couldnt be happier with who we replaced him with. 

I liked Arden Key and expected great things from him.  Then I watched him play.  How disappointing.  He had little to no technique.  He would rush in and get blocked.  When compared to Mack who had multiple methods to get around the offensive player there was no comparison.  Even Crosby had better technique which moves he mixed up as needed.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Gerald McCoy still has some juice I think our DL could be pretty good, especially on passing downs. 

Yannick - McCoy - Thomas - Crosby 

It is still lacking against the run but if Crosby's reckless play against the run was from Guenther asking him to play that way then there might be room to improve.  McCoy if healthy should help there.  I do like our line more this year if McCoy is healthy and Guenther being gone.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

It is still lacking against the run but if Crosby's reckless play against the run was from Guenther asking him to play that way then there might be room to improve.  McCoy if healthy should help there.  I do like our line more this year if McCoy is healthy and Guenther being gone.

I think that'd be what we'd use on passing downs with Hankins playing NT on running downs and Ferrell also seeing a lot of burns on running downs.