The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Resume isn't long enough yet but imagine the #'s Waller would put up in KC. Geez.

Quick slants near the goal line all day no reason he shouldn’t get at least 10 to 15 tds. Hell maybe bring back that reverse they did with him back when he first got here

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Morrow and Incognito injuries are some yikes moments. We need to sign a vet guard and KJ Wright IMO.

guard isn't as pressing, with John Simpson somewhat plug and play as a backup, and Lester Cotton has always looked like a viable #4 guard

linebacker is a bigger issue... as 3 of the guys fighting for spots are all extremely inexperienced (Tanner Muse, Javin White, Divine Deablo)

KJ is a no brainer. in the meantime Kwit should be able to seamlessly take over MLB duties if Morrow misses time.

Edited by Turnobili

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

linebacker is a bigger issue... as 3 of the guys fighting for spots are all extremely inexperienced (Tanner Muse, Javin White, Divine Deablo)

KJ is a no brainer. in the meantime Kwit should be able to seamlessly take over MLB duties if Morrow misses time.

Yeah, signing KJ Wright seems like a no brainer to me at this point. He has the size that we're lacking with our current LB group at 6'4" 250, is extremely familiar with the scheme, and has played in all 32 games over the last 2 seasons. Over the course of the last 2 seasons he has had 218 tackles, 16 TFL, 2 sacks, 4 INT, and 22 passes defended. 

I like the potential of Muse, White, and Deablo but they're all former safeties that have never played the position or played in the NFL. 

Like the attitude the Raiders showed during those practices. Gruden may not publicly come out and say it but you wanna see your team play with a chip like that. Last thing you wanted to see was your team go out there and get embarrassed.

loving what we’re hearing about Trevon during these two days. Exactly what the Raiders have been missing for years. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Like the attitude the Raiders showed during those practices. Gruden may not publicly come out and say it but you wanna see your team play with a chip like that. Last thing you wanted to see was your team go out there and get embarrassed.

loving what we’re hearing about Trevon during these two days. Exactly what the Raiders have been missing for years. 

yeah... he's shown legit ball skill, but also poise. doesn't panic when the ball is on the way, which has been a running theme.

and unlike guys like Nelson/Woodson, he has really good range

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

guard isn't as pressing, with John Simpson somewhat plug and play as a backup, and Lester Cotton has always looked like a viable #4 guard

I like Simpson, but I'm worried if Richie misses extended time. When healthy, he's easily a top 10 if not top 5 guard in the league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

yeah... he's shown legit ball skill, but also poise. doesn't panic when the ball is on the way, which has been a running theme.

and unlike guys like Nelson/Woodson, he has really good range

Milus is a big reason for why we picked Moehrig IMO. He can evaluate. He told Abram to come back 10 pounds lighter. Smart move for a pass heavy league. He was basically a linebacker in college who had to be a hammer in the SEC, blowing stuff up and getting off blocks.

He'll always be a plus in the run game, but getting him lighter and getting him to stop freelancing will do a world of difference for his game.

I still think the slot is a big question mark. I would probably put Arnette there. He definitely is a better coverage player than Hobbs IMO, especially if he's asked to take on man responsibilities. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like Simpson, but I'm worried if Richie misses extended time. When healthy, he's easily a top 10 if not top 5 guard in the league.

obviously going from richie to simpson is a downgrade, but i dont know if there are FA guards who would be upgrades to simpson either

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Milus is a big reason for why we picked Moehrig IMO. He can evaluate. He told Abram to come back 10 pounds lighter. Smart move for a pass heavy league. He was basically a linebacker in college who had to be a hammer in the SEC, blowing stuff up and getting off blocks.

He'll always be a plus in the run game, but getting him lighter and getting him to stop freelancing will do a world of difference for his game.

I still think the slot is a big question mark. I would probably put Arnette there. He definitely is a better coverage player than Hobbs IMO, especially if he's asked to take on man responsibilities. 

arnette hasnt gotten any slot reps that we're aware of. its been lawson/hobbs/robertson